Sending deauth to [Address]. Reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (6).

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I’m fairly new to all this and apologies in advance for any knowledge gap I may have (I’m a mechanical guy by day).

So, I have a small access point setup between my home and the family farm using 2 Nanostation Loco M5’s. The M5 at the house is the station and at the farm the access point (the house being the point with internet access), both use a POE setup. Distance between these is 0.1 miles. Farm side I have also have a slave router (BT) in a small shed connected to my grandmother’s house, which she uses for internet access on her tablet.

This system ran with few problems for a long time but over this past year I have been plagued with de-authorisation errors. The 2 transmitters will often drop out and leave no internet connection at the shed. To get these back online again I have to manually ping the TX which I often can’t do because it will be offline and in a shutdown mode? So again I will manually reboot or unplug the cables in order to get the connection going again. Sometimes the connection will stay up for days, sometimes it will be for hours, it just depends

Please see below the errors I am getting:

Sending deauth to [AP or Bridge Address].  Reason: Disassociated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) BSS (8).

Sending deauth to [Address].  Reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (6).

Also note the screenshots below. (I can attach more if necessary)

Both stations are running the latest Firmware (6.1.4) I always install as soon as a new version is available in the hope it solves my problem. I have been unable to pin down and fix what is causing the deauth errors. Anyone else able to point me in the right direction of what may be going on or what I should try to fix it? Any help is very much appreciated for a newbie like myself!

Thanks in Advance,

James

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3797
Solutions: 778
Contributions: 73

Re: Sending deauth to [Address]. Reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (6).

[ Edited ]

One thing you can try is either moving the frequency +/- 5MHz or changing the channel width to 10 or 30MHz.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Re: Sending deauth to [Address]. Reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (6).

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. If you see in the pictures the deauth is sent to 18:62:2c:2c:67:54, but the router that 192.168.1.20 home is plugged into is 18:62:2c:2c:67:57 according to the site survey. Are these actually the same thing somehow? Is the router causing the deauth code?

As it is the router for the home there are quite a number of wireless deviced near it, phones, TV, Chromecast etc? (I can post a pic of connected devices to the router if thats beneficial?)

I can certainly try changing the frequency or channel width, you think this may make a difference? 

Many Thanks,

James

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Still having the same problem as before - link dropping out because of deauth. Its still referencing the same 18:62:2c:2c:67:54 for class 2 frame received. Which I still believe is somehow linked to the 18:62:2c:2c:67:57 address of the BTHomeHub4 as seen in the screenshots above. Tried changing channel width as suggested but no avail (now using 40MHz but no difference).

However, I have managed to get a ethernet cable tester onto the POE side a number of times and have noticed that there can often be one of the 8 wires that dont seem to register through the first sequence of testing (its just a simple continouos loop test with 8 lights). So I'm kind of suspecting this cable as the possible fault or the transmitter at this stage. Has anyone any further ideas? Changing the cable wont be all the handy but changing the transmitter would be a little easier (but obviously more expensive). Getting to the stage where I don't care how much it takes to fix it!

Again, any help is very muchly appreciated. 

With thanks in advance, 

jjohnston890

ps. please see recent screenshots below of error codes. Ubiquiti 1.pngUbiquiti 3.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2169
Solutions: 335

One of your chains is at -90 dBm, I am surprised this is working at all. Realign and check for obstructions.
Kudos: 2

this is becouse of low/weak signal

Im having the exact same problem.

Is there any fix as yet?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2169
Solutions: 335

Make sure you have acceptable signal strength and that you have WNP turned on if you are using an airMAX AC AP.

Im not using AC. I'm using a nanostation m2 with 3 loco m2 as stations. kindly find attached. 

ubnt.JPG

Kindly find attached more details

ap.JPG
log2.JPG
log1.JPG

No fix for me as yet - signal strength issue resolved but link still up and down. Still no idea what is truly causing it to drop out. 

Regards,

James

seems to me like a firmware issue.

all the logs within 24 hours

1 to 5

log5.JPG
log4.JPG
log3.JPG
log2.JPG
log1.JPG

logs 6 to 10

log10.JPG
log9.JPG
log8.JPG
log7.JPG
log6.JPG

Can someone from Ubiquity please assist to resolve

logs 11 and 12

log12.JPG
log11.JPG

[ Edited ]

Hello @bsz786

I know this problem very well. Try to change the frequency.
This happens often, when there is too many interference on your selected frequency.
On 2,4 GHz is a bit tricky because you only have 3 dedicated channels. 1,6 and 11.

This phenomenon is also known to me, when the signal strength is too high.

One time i was expecting this because of an instable powerconnection.

Is just the link lost or does the antenna reboots?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3797
Solutions: 778
Contributions: 73

@VVRW wrote:

Hello,

I know this problem very well. Try to change the frequency.
This happens often, when there is too many interference on your selected frequency.
On 2,4 GHz is a bit tricky because you only have 3 dedicated channels. 1,6 and 11

Could you switch to a 10 or 30MHz channel width?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

@bsz786 

do you know all that mac address ? if not, then it's time to use mac acl

Hi Guys,

I also tried changing the frequency but it didn't fix the problem for me. I'm also on 5GHz, not 2.4 and well into the countryside so interference shouldnt be a massive factor?

Any other ideas? Faulty TX?

Thanks,

James

HI @VVRW
I am on channel 43 as per above screen shot.
I'm on 2.4ghz
link gets lost at station untill AP reboots. I have ping whatch dog enabled to reboot whenever it losses connection for now