Accepted Solution

Small ISP setup

Dear all 

Hope you guys in good health, 

I m going to setup on province base siez in Afghanistna according to my survey the distant client which will buy internet from our company is not far than 10Km,  i m able to configure PTP links using UBNT products like Rocket dish nano beam etc but kindly provied me an illustrated guideline to setup my busines as products name that have good performance , i have going to purchase Public IPs because client will need

Regards 

Wali

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2745
Solutions: 173

Re: Small ISP setup

[ Edited ]

IF you are going from the Base Radio, direct to the customer's house, using a CPE radio, then the AirMax devices are what you want to use.

You would setup a Main site, and put up several Antenna Sectors, of Four 90 degree sector antennas, or Three 120 degree sector antennas.  Each Sector antenna would have a Rocket radio on it.

Then to the Customer's house, you would use NanoLoco's (13 Db gain) for close up, NanoStations (16 Db gain,little farther out), and NanoBridges/NanoBeams (22-25 Db gain) for the outlying areas.

Easiest way to figure this out, is to do a PtMP calculation on one of the sites that provides this.  It will show you what signal strength at what distance you need.  You are shooting for a signal strength of -50 to -70 on each CPE unit.

Select your CPE device as needed to provide that !

You want to have use 10-20 Mhz bandwidth on each AP/CPE sector, and keep the number of customers on each to under 30.

Each CPE MUST have direct Line of Sight to the AP, no building, trees, etc. in the way!

View solution in original post

Veteran Member

All Replies
Veteran Member

[ Edited ]

IF you are going from the Base Radio, direct to the customer's house, using a CPE radio, then the AirMax devices are what you want to use.

You would setup a Main site, and put up several Antenna Sectors, of Four 90 degree sector antennas, or Three 120 degree sector antennas.  Each Sector antenna would have a Rocket radio on it.

Then to the Customer's house, you would use NanoLoco's (13 Db gain) for close up, NanoStations (16 Db gain,little farther out), and NanoBridges/NanoBeams (22-25 Db gain) for the outlying areas.

Easiest way to figure this out, is to do a PtMP calculation on one of the sites that provides this.  It will show you what signal strength at what distance you need.  You are shooting for a signal strength of -50 to -70 on each CPE unit.

Select your CPE device as needed to provide that !

You want to have use 10-20 Mhz bandwidth on each AP/CPE sector, and keep the number of customers on each to under 30.

Each CPE MUST have direct Line of Sight to the AP, no building, trees, etc. in the way!

Apprecaite you help sir but as i told you i can setup PTP but i would need guide for PTMP configuration if posible kindly provide me the guide apprecaite it in advance 

Regards 

Wali 

Veteran Member

Regarding Line of site i have build a high tower which is 100% from all areas which i want to provide internet, can you kindly provide me the name or model  for the sectors which i m suppose to use 

Veteran Member

For 2 ghz AP radios:

90 degree sectors = AM-2G16-90

120 degree sectors = AM-2G15-120

For 5 ghz AP radios:

90 degree sectors = AM-5G20-90

120 degree sectors = AM-5G19-120

I would go with 5 ghz for your system, as there is more frequencies available to use, and you can then use the 2 ghz for WiFi routers in the houses.

hoping all is good with you..

I am getting in touch with because you've provided some usefull infomartion on this forum.

So I have an investor that would like to have a small ISP in Republic Democratic of Congo (DRC) and I was given the opportunity to provide technical requirement and estimation cost.

So I wonder if you would be interested to work with me on this so I can provide the technical proposal as soon as possible.

hoping to hear from you soon.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2022
Solutions: 307

Please make a new thread for your question.