Kudos: 17
Solutions: 3
Accepted Solution

Strange disassociation of station, like clock work every Saturday. Interference?

OK guys have a strange problem. Pretty simple setup.....

1 AP- Rocket Prism AC

2 Stations- One Nanobeam, One Power Beam

The Nanobeam station, like clock work, has been disassociating from the AP every Saturday for the last 3 weeks between 1230-230pm. It ONLY happens on Saturdays during those time frames. No rhyme or reason, it happens either a couple of times or several times during that time frame.

UBNT looked at the support file for the station but said all looks well. They are reviewing support file for AP now.

The other Power Beam station does not have these issues. It doesn't seem to completely disconnect, just disassociates and does the key handshake repeatedly. Here is a traffic graph from The Dude during those times. Also here is the screen shot of the noise graph from said Nanobeam. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? I don't have this on any of our other Stations/APs. Guess I am just curious if anyone else has ever experienced coincidental anomalies in your setups?Capture.PNG

The AP is .93 and the station .112

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Strange disassociation of station, like clock work every Saturday. Interference?

So I figured it out and it was really stupid...... This whole time I was paying attention to Airview and the dashboard graph that showed so much red and figured it all came down to interference. Then today while taking some screen shots I noticed the signal graph to the AP and the light went on. I simply had to increase the power on the Station unit and boom all is right in the world today. Here are the screenshots before bumping the power up on the station:11-10-18 EFDnano Airview 0956.PNG11-10-18 EFDnano Home 0949.PNG

Here is after turning the power up:

11-10-18 EFDnano Airview 1311.PNG11-10-18 EFDnano Home 1311.PNG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1693
Solutions: 262

Re: Strange disassociation of station, like clock work every Saturday. Interference?

Do you have an airView scan from the AP which covers this time period?

I don't..... plan on being around this coming Saturday to see what is going on, will run a scan when it occurs. Any other suggestions?

Ubiquiti Employee

My initial guess would be that this is due to periodic interference, so I would start there.

@UBNT-SNK That is what I am thinking as well. Question..... In theory, if this was caused by interference from say, a large piece of machinery or something emitting EMI, would this type of interference show up on the graph in airview?? Or will only interference in the same frequency range show up on the graph?

Ubiquiti Employee

Interference in the frequency range supported by the radio will be shown on the graph.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I know this issue.

When there is a strong interference on the used frequency the station disconnects (tx consecutive failure).
The interference is located at one of your stations. Thats why the other is not affected.

It happend one time to me, that this was caused by a powerline. When the transformer was under high load, the electromagnetic field interrupted the connection.

Very interesting on the transformer load issue.

So I figured it out and it was really stupid...... This whole time I was paying attention to Airview and the dashboard graph that showed so much red and figured it all came down to interference. Then today while taking some screen shots I noticed the signal graph to the AP and the light went on. I simply had to increase the power on the Station unit and boom all is right in the world today. Here are the screenshots before bumping the power up on the station:11-10-18 EFDnano Airview 0956.PNG11-10-18 EFDnano Home 0949.PNG

Here is after turning the power up:

11-10-18 EFDnano Airview 1311.PNG11-10-18 EFDnano Home 1311.PNG

Ubiquiti Employee

Glad you got this one resolved.