Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 12

U-installer Firmware

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Is there newer firmware for the U-Installer then UBI.v.1.0.4? I can't get my U-installer to drop the 169.x address scheme found. The GUI interface is quite limited in terms of control. Otherwise, the u-installer works fine.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3898
Solutions: 797
Contributions: 73

Re: U-installer Firmware

There isn't much that is configurable on the U-Installer, but you should have the option to upgrade to upgrade via the UNMS (uMobile app).   

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Emerging Member

@UBNT-JamesHey James, I am talking about the u-installer firmware itself is there anything newer then v1.0.4 at the moment? Nothing in the mobile APP allows of u-installer "upgrading" itself.

I have no issues upgrading CPE's even the ones that have an older FW such as 5.5, I just hit the upgrade button, then login via web gui on the cell, and hit update. I then have the latest FW on said radio.

I also have no issues hitting the U-installer web gui from my laptop, just limited as mentioned.

Will there be updates to v1.0.4 u-installer firmware or is that pretty much a standard

Veteran Member
Kudos: 924
Solutions: 28

same here I can't find a list of firmware anywhere to see if we are up to date on our u-installer firmware

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2188
Solutions: 335

I believe this is the current latest version. We have discussed possible future updates to the firmware but don't have a confirmation or date as of today.
Veteran Member

okay then can anyone tell me how to get to the web ui in the v1 u-installers pdf only for the new u-installer nothing apears to be at 192.168.1.20 on relese 1 u-installers

Veteran Member

okay I figured that part out on my own only works in IE not chrome and its 169.254.169.169 its running

[Ubiquiti Installer] - System

UBI.v1.0.3-HWT.30854.170515.1814

anyone have the 1.0.4 firmware so I can upgade not finding a place to upgrade

also is there a was to set and lock the 2.4 channel to 11 and never change via SSH?

Thanks,

Ubiquiti Employee

Have you tried using the UNMS app?
Emerging Member

That 169.x is a nuisance but I find when you reset a m(gear) unit with the u nstaller unit the ext reset it finally changes the ip Info back to 1.x from the u installer standpoint.

I found the 169.x does present itself during a vlan tag config.

However 1.x is always present in the bridge table and if the app is being a pain you can always login via web gui.

What would make the u installer better is if it would change to subnet or allow you to change the subnet your programming radios too along with vlan tag support. It would be the ultimate tool to have as an installer/service tech.

Your using Unix os the vlan support and changing of subnets is literally a couple of modifications away. 

Once you unplug your unit from the installer, unless you still have 1.20 on your cpe, you no longer have access. If you however leave it plugged in you seem to still have access even after tagging vlans.

Again the support to make this tool pack a punch is such a short gui  and script away!

Veteran Member

yes the UNMS App dose not allow me to upgrade the U-installer ether why is the firmware update being hidden?

Veteran Member

I made a how to on how to change Radio to channel 11 Via SSH I think you can change most the other things you need in the same spot 

really wish they would just Give U-Installer full AirOS its all there is SSH the just removed the GUI Mad5Mad2

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 3

Is there an update on this, I can't seem to figure out how to update the firmware outside of SSH maybe?

Emerging Member

You could theoritically update the firmware in the webgui itself. You need to connect to the U-Installer SSID with a laptop. However, there's no known public firmware update releases even though that some U-Installers pre- a certain date have a lower revision firmware then later releases of the product.

Emerging Member

@hybridangel wrote:

You could theoritically update the firmware in the webgui itself. You need to connect to the U-Installer SSID with a laptop. However, there's no known public firmware update releases even though that some U-Installers pre- a certain date have a lower revision firmware then later releases of the product.

Really, I could swear mine is running 1.04, but 1.05 is available on ubnt.com, and release date is 8/10.

The real question here is this:

I was able to go to the gateway address, but I find a portal that says I should download u-mobile.  I can't seem to locate a webgui.

Thanks,

Nick

Ubiquiti Employee

I think you should be able to update it using the UNMS app.
Emerging Member

I agree you should be able to update firmware on this device via UNMS, however you can't,  or i couldn't.   

I finally got to the gui by going to the portal page on mobile chrome,  then pressed back twice......i was shocked when i came up.  Oh and i even had a device connected to the uinstaller.

Hopefully the vlan situation is fixed on .5....

Kudos: 176
Solutions: 13

@UBNT-SNKthe UNMS App does not appear to allow upgrading. The firmware is not even displayed in the list of available firmware.  I am trying to upgrade mine right now too and going direct with a computer keeps giving me the splash screen. Should be a better way of doing this to upgrade the firmware...

Kudos: 176
Solutions: 13

[ Edited ]

hybridangel figured out how to do it. You need to go to https://169.254.169.169 and that will bypass the splash page and go right to the login. Does not matter on what browser you use if you do it this way, or if you connect through the wireless or through the ethernet port.

Emerging Member

Thanks for posting jb I forgot to reply back.