Unable to get two Powerbeam 5AC 500 ISO to see each other.

I was able to get my two Powerbeam 5AC 500 ISO to work in my backyard about 100 feet apart. But when I install them at their permanent locations 15+ meters in the air, I can't seem to get them to see each other.

Here's the deets:

Link mock up:
https://link.ubnt.com/#l=6a8fb53546804b3cace78125c0998383

My current settings screenshots are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rknpbo6kr2rttwp/AACKptpJx4150wxZkF9DK0p_a?dl=0

(I've tried tweaking these a bit with no improvements)

Could really use some advice on what settings to tweak or what environmental changes to make to get my link up and running.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Wes

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2095
Solutions: 324

Re: Unable to get two Powerbeam 5AC 500 ISO to see each other.

So you're going from a 100 foot distance test to nearly 7 kilometers, correct? Can you see if any of those trees are in the path?

From your screenshots it doesn't look like either of your radios are transmitting. Have you changed anything between your test and now?

[ Edited ]

>So you're going from a 100 foot distance test to nearly 7 kilometers, correct?

Correct.

>Can you see if any of those trees are in the path?

I'm sure the top of some trees are in the way. I tried to get above them as best I could without upgrading to a tower.

>From your screenshots it doesn't look like either of your radios are transmitting. Have you changed anything between your test and now?

Kudos: 2

If you run a site survey, do you see the other one at all?  

Trees do impact the signal in a big way I've found out.  But it you have a decent line of sight, you should be getting at least a very weak signal.  

The only thing I see on my site survey is my other wifi APs. 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2095
Solutions: 324

Your alignment could be off here. I would recommend using the smallest channel bandwidth and the highest power, then slowly realigning the radios towards one another.