VLANs not Passing

Hi there,

We have recently set up a simple PtP link between our HQ & New Office using a pair of NanoBeams, everything is working fine except for the VLANs. We have existing VLAN configurations on our main HQ which is VLAN 40 for our Guest SSID. However, all the Unifi APs are not able to pick up any IPs from this VLAN, at the new office where clients will not be able to receive any ip address if we set the vlan to VLAN 40. From what I know, the NanoBeam bridge is transparent and any VLAN configuration will pass over without any configuration. 

We would appreciate some assistance on this issue.

Thank you! 

Attached are the configurations of the bridges.

Screenshot.png
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Re: VLANs not Passing

Is there DHCP Snooping enabled on the switches? Have the switch ports of the nano beams been set to trust?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 565
Solutions: 183

The airMAX equipment configured in bridge mode will pass VLANs without issue. You should upgrade your firmware and double check the switch port the NanoBeam is plugged into is configured properly.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions!

I have diaablwd DHCP Snooping and set the port to trusted on the switch on the remote side of the network. Do we have to set trust for both side of the switches?

Thank you!

Kudos: 2

I would keep snooping enabled and just set both ports to trust.

Kudos: 1

I have the same problem with the new "NANOSTATION 5AC LOCO"

I am using two Ubiquiti Unifi Switches. One on each side of the Nanostations.

But I don't understand where the setting trust should be set. I want to bridge one untagged and three tagged vlans. But simple config and advenced config with adding each vlan didn't work.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2169
Solutions: 335

Are they configured in bridge mode?

I am still having the same issue until now, it is already configured in Bridge mode. Device connected to the VLAN still does not pick up any ip address from the VLAN.

Screenshot_2.png

[ Edited ]

Yes - they are in bridge mode - and working now as they should. A power cycle (not the first) made it work...

Don't know why. But several restarts didn't get it broken again...

Ubiquiti Employee

I'm wondering if you had some configuration changes pending before one of those restarts which were applied when the unit rebooted.

Just posting for others that may have a similar problem and come across this post as I did...

I had (2) Nanobeam 5AC Wave 2 bridges and could not get them to pass multiple vlans for the life of me...

brand new, out of the box, no config and running WA.8.4.2... no luck no matter what I tried.

After a few hours of trying, Tshooting, and cussing, I upgraded them both to WA.8.5.11, and immediately everything started to work just fine.

Just an FYI...

Thanks for the info, this issue is unsolved until now for my side. I will give this a try during our next maintenance period!

Ubiquiti Employee

This thread may not have gotten updated when we found and fixed this one - good catch @blarkins1.