Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 4

What is running on port 10001

[ Edited ]

I am told by a security company working for a credit card company who has scanned a NS5M in router mode, that there is a service running on port 10001  and they want to know what it is.

Kudos: 113
Solutions: 41

Re: What is running on port 10001

It is the discovery service which allows Ubiquiti devices to be found, e.g. by airControl so they can be managed.

If you don't require this you can disable it on the Services tab.

SuperUser
Kudos: 11513
Solutions: 704
Contributions: 1

Re: What is running on port 10001

That is Ubiquiti Discovery, their version of CDP.   In the AirMax line it's not an actual vulnerability, and you can remove it if you need to by turning it off in the radio under Services.

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
"Sorry but I just don't have a fix for willful ignorance, unless you count time and Darwin.... "
"Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should."my mantra in the Programming classes I used to teach once upon a time...