Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Zero Transmission from Nanostation

Any idea why I am getting zero TX from my NanoStation? It is recieving from AP though.Station.jpg

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 4089
Solutions: 969

Re: Zero Transmission from Nanostation

[ Edited ]

I did reply on your other post on same subject from yesterday.

Please don't double post on same issue.

One thing you can do is turn your power up in this instance as it is currently running at -2dbm and that is probably why your Station can't hear it

Also reduce channel width to 20MHz

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard

View solution in original post

Kudos: 129
Solutions: 13

An -85 is a poor signal. Ideally you want -50, but in longer links just keep it inder -80. If your power is set to -2 though and its hooked they must be pretty close. and definately do as suggested and shrink it down to 20 wide.

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 4089
Solutions: 969

[ Edited ]

I did reply on your other post on same subject from yesterday.

Please don't double post on same issue.

One thing you can do is turn your power up in this instance as it is currently running at -2dbm and that is probably why your Station can't hear it

Also reduce channel width to 20MHz

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
Kudos: 129
Solutions: 13

An -85 is a poor signal. Ideally you want -50, but in longer links just keep it inder -80. If your power is set to -2 though and its hooked they must be pretty close. and definately do as suggested and shrink it down to 20 wide.

Fireblade / tdaddysimi, thankyou both for your expert advice. My problem is solved my STATION is recieving now, and my signal strength has gone up to -71dbm from -85dbm. There is still room for more tweaking and improvement to fine tune.

See below:

Improved LinkImproved Link

Thanks once again.

Cheers