point to multipoint bridge

[ Edited ]

I have a customer who is needing a point to multi point setup.  Bandwidth need is greater than 100mbs hopefully.  main location to location b is aprox 250 ft.   main location to location c is approx 700 ft.  All clear line of site.  Approx 15 degrees of seperation when looking from main location to both secondary locations.  I am planning on also having a rugged poe switch in location c as it will be getting a security camera or two and is a non conditioned space.  both the main location and location b will be getting standard poe switches and wireless APs as well.

Ascon.jpg
Established Member
Kudos: 670
Solutions: 205

Re: point to multipoint bridge

that would be something you would use the airMAX line for.

https://community.ubnt.com/airmax
Kudos: 3550
Solutions: 925

Hello @dellebracht,

You posted this is in the UniFi Section.

@UBNT-JaM  could you move this to AirMAX?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-XG-16 • USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 194
Solutions: 49

moved... Smiley Very Happy

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team
"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think." - Socrates

Kudos: 2

I've used three Litebeams in this setup successfully for 100+ mbps

Although you have alot of trees it seems, how high are you wanting to mount?  

[ Edited ]

There is a bit of height difference in the terrain that the sat view doesn't show, but mounting height is in the 8 to 12 ft range.  Customer has been advised to remove all tree branches in the line of sight and this spring when we first looked at it, there werent that many tree branch issues anyway.  And of course after our discussions this past weekend he has upped his speed request to 200+, or 300+ "if it's not too much".

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2094
Solutions: 324

For future reference, you can simulate links with link.ubnt.com, though it may not know about all trees or buildings in the area.

So if I wanted to do litebeam, I could do one "transmiter" and two "receivers"?  The Litebeam m5 looks to have the throughput that I am looking for.

Ubiquiti Employee

I would advise using the NanoBeam instead for this distance. I am not sure what you mean by one transmitter and two receivers.

Yes, set up one nanobeam as Access Point PtMP and two more as two Clients in PtmP and you will get a connection if you've aimed correctly and there's not an obvious tree blocking.

What I was alluding to was one at the main location, to two different buildings that I am trying to service.  At 700 ft does the difference in the Litebeam and nanobeam make a difference?

Ubiquiti Employee

At that distance, no. I'd go with the NanoBeam.