vlans not passing

I have 3 Rocket Prism AC Gen 2s on a tower with surrounding buildings pointing at them with NanoBeam AC Gen 2s. The tower is connected to an Adtran 1638P switch. The surrounding buildings power the Nanobeams with EdgeSwitch 8 150 switches. 

It appears that the vlans are not being passed. If I take the Edgeswitch and plug it directly into the Adtran, it works fine. When I take it back to the building and plug the NanoBeam back in it stops working. It will not recognize the vlans even if I static the laptop. If I plug in an Adtran 1550P in the bulding and plug the NanoBeam in it works fine. It sees the vlans and my laptop pulls an address from DHCP. It only appears to be an issue with the EdgeSwitch and only when the switch is connected to the network via the NanoBeam. This is true with all 5 of the buldings. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 303
Solutions: 87

Re: vlans not passing

If the airMax radios are configured in Bridge network mode, with no VLANs configured, they will act as a trunk for all VLANs through the link.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Yes. I also tried entering the vlans. I’ve tried everything I have found on these posts.

It seems to be something with the EdgeSwitches. If I plug the EdgeSwitch directly into the Adtran core it works fine.

If I plug the NanoBeam into another Adtran it works fine. It’s when I plug the NanoBeam into the EdgeSwitch that it doesn’t work.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

mines working perfectly with almost same setup as yours except on the edgeswitch part, im using both unifi switch and edgerouter but not esdgeswitch. do you mind taking a snapshot of all devices concerned?
Ubiquiti Employee

I would have to recommend talking with the EdgeMax community about your configuration specifics.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

I have this identical setup at another location. I encountered the same issue there. I ended up putting Adtran switches at each remote site to plug the NanoBeams in as a temp fix. I went back a week later to troubleshoot. I plugged the EdgeSwitches back in and they all worked. 

I compared the configs of the

EdgeSwitches at both deployments, they are the same. Compared the configs of the Pisms and the NanoBeams. They are also identical. 

Again, if I plug the EdgeSwitch into the Adtran, it works fine. No issues. 

Ubiquiti Employee

Magic isn't a very sustainable problem resolution process, so I hope to find a real answer. Unfortunately, it seems like the broken link in the chain is always the EdgeSwitch. You'll need to speak with their community and possibly bring some packet captures to demonstrate your issue. They will be more effective at dissecting this strange issue.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png