a month ago
Expanding our "church tower" with some Rocket Prism AC Gen2 equipment
Reason for Installation
Almost two years ago we started our first Wisp project in a church in a small village in the Netherlands. The location for our tower was an old church were we activated a fiber connection and installed a backbone connection to the outside country. A few months later we already connected 12 customers and all of them received a 25/10mBit connection. After this successfull connection, we expand our church tower with another PBE 5AC-300 ISO backhaul, but now we're targeting this backhaul to a nearby industrial area. See the full story below.
Used Products
×4
×2
×4
Zelhemseweg 26A, 7255 PT Hengelo, Nederland
Description

Hi guys,

This second backhaul connection is almost a mile from our church tower. We configured this link on a 50MHz freq. so we have a great speed to our second tower. The products for this backhaul are 2 times a PBE 5AC-300 ISO. See the church in the background. This the place were we installed our technical "department" straight behind the clock of the church.

IMG_0328.JPG

Backhaul connection ISO300.PNG

This tower is built on a couple of concrete silos. It was a huge climb to get al the products up on these silos. We lost several kilos haha. After all the nackhaul connection is extremely solid (see specs of the connection below). For installing the sector antennas we used the great RF Armor mounting. These perfect mounts are solid as a rock and perfectly for mounting the sectors. We choose to order the 5 mount cluster (UCM5T)

IMG_0276.JPG

The box of the RF Armor mount Man Tongue

IMG_0336.JPG

The pole to mount the the sectors is made by ourself. We need to be creative to mount everything on top of the silos. The result is great. All the 4 sectors have a great way to beam. 

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

At this time we connected our first customer. This lucky company improved there speed from 15/1mBit, to a 50/50mBit connection Man Happy

e427da32-b0a9-4501-b535-87d01dc75134.jpg

To ensure a stabil power connection, we installed a separate powergroup with a backup battery for a possible power down. All of this we installed in a IP67 rated chassis, so dust, water and other things can't affect our basic components. 

Fuse box.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

MER2.jpg

To get an impression of the height, see pics below. 

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

To monitor the system, we use several platforms to monitor the whole network. First of all we a very satisfied about PRTG monitoring software. This system gives us a perfect view of all the components of the network. When there is an error, we immediately get a signal so we can anticipate and fix it. The newest platform we use is the new controller from Ubiquiti called UNMS. What a great product guys you made. Its still in beta, but it works very nice. It shows many things and updates can be done very quick. I hope this platform will be upgraded by you in the near future, we love it!! See some pics below. 

PRTG.PNG

UNMS HCI.PNG

The sector 4 (this is one where our first customer is on) is configured with a 20MHz freq. connection. See more info below. 

Sector 4.PNG

The last pics I would like you to see, are the sectors with the new Rocket AC Prism Gen2 units. What a beatiful pice of craftsmanship!!!!

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

I hope you all like my story and please send me some comments. Thanks in advance. 

Greets Henry van den Brink / Van den Brink ICT

Expanding our "church tower" with some Rocket Prism AC Gen2 equipment

by a month ago - last edited 2 weeks ago by Ubiquiti Employee

Hi guys,

This second backhaul connection is almost a mile from our church tower. We configured this link on a 50MHz freq. so we have a great speed to our second tower. The products for this backhaul are 2 times a PBE 5AC-300 ISO. See the church in the background. This the place were we installed our technical "department" straight behind the clock of the church.

IMG_0328.JPG

Backhaul connection ISO300.PNG

This tower is built on a couple of concrete silos. It was a huge climb to get al the products up on these silos. We lost several kilos haha. After all the nackhaul connection is extremely solid (see specs of the connection below). For installing the sector antennas we used the great RF Armor mounting. These perfect mounts are solid as a rock and perfectly for mounting the sectors. We choose to order the 5 mount cluster (UCM5T)

IMG_0276.JPG

The box of the RF Armor mount Man Tongue

IMG_0336.JPG

The pole to mount the the sectors is made by ourself. We need to be creative to mount everything on top of the silos. The result is great. All the 4 sectors have a great way to beam. 

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

At this time we connected our first customer. This lucky company improved there speed from 15/1mBit, to a 50/50mBit connection Man Happy

e427da32-b0a9-4501-b535-87d01dc75134.jpg

To ensure a stabil power connection, we installed a separate powergroup with a backup battery for a possible power down. All of this we installed in a IP67 rated chassis, so dust, water and other things can't affect our basic components. 

Fuse box.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

MER2.jpg

To get an impression of the height, see pics below. 

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

To monitor the system, we use several platforms to monitor the whole network. First of all we a very satisfied about PRTG monitoring software. This system gives us a perfect view of all the components of the network. When there is an error, we immediately get a signal so we can anticipate and fix it. The newest platform we use is the new controller from Ubiquiti called UNMS. What a great product guys you made. Its still in beta, but it works very nice. It shows many things and updates can be done very quick. I hope this platform will be upgraded by you in the near future, we love it!! See some pics below. 

PRTG.PNG

UNMS HCI.PNG

The sector 4 (this is one where our first customer is on) is configured with a 20MHz freq. connection. See more info below. 

Sector 4.PNG

The last pics I would like you to see, are the sectors with the new Rocket AC Prism Gen2 units. What a beatiful pice of craftsmanship!!!!

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

I hope you all like my story and please send me some comments. Thanks in advance. 

Greets Henry van den Brink / Van den Brink ICT

{"location":{"title":"Zelhemseweg 26A, 7255 PT Hengelo, Nederland","placeId":"ChIJZ3lCPOePx0cR2bhEE7w9Cmw"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"rocket-5ac-prism-gen2","count":4},{"id":"powerbeam-5ac-500mm-isolator","count":2},{"id":"5ghz-airmax-basestation-21dbi-60-deg-ac","count":4}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Almost two years ago we started our first Wisp project in a church in a small village in the Netherlands. The location for our tower was an old church were we activated a fiber connection and installed a backbone connection to the outside country. A few months later we already connected 12 customers and all of them received a 25/10mBit connection. After this successfull connection, we expand our church tower with another PBE 5AC-300 ISO backhaul, but now we're targeting this backhaul to a nearby industrial area. See the full story below.","mainImage":"139460iFAAE1A5AAB1362DC"}

Comments
by
a month ago

VERY NICE!

by
a month ago

The pic far right above where you wrote "To get an impression of the height, see pics below.".....is that dust/debris/etc from the silo or some kind of coating (eg it looks a little bit like shockcrete)? If it's the former....sheesh! Wouldn't want any of that getting into the kit.

by
a month ago

Mooi project!

by
a month ago

@vandenbrinkict Funny, I have equipment mounted on top of exact same type of silo, not i NL though, but in Denmark. Nice looking install. Can recommend the RF armor cover for the AC-21 sectors. Lowers noisefloor when antennas are mounted nearby each other...

Where do you buy that non-penetrating roof mount by the way ?

by
a month ago

@vandenbrinkict I can see you're using a metal Schneider enclosure. Instead I can recommend the plastic enclosure from Schneider. Thalassa PLM. It's water- and dustproof. Same price and it doesn't rust...

by
a month ago

@jjonssonHi. Thanks for your comment. Cool you got an installation like this is Denmark 😄. Thanks for the advice about the RF Armor cover for the sector antenna. I’ll check it how it goes. The enclose is not from Schneider. We always use Eldon. Perfect chassis and extremely good against dust, water and other extreme conditions. Check chassis below which we used in a previous installation 😄

A5EC1CDC-799A-4207-954D-22150C6A9F70.jpeg54082561-6C19-4F3C-A7C7-249A5AFB219E.jpeg

by
4 weeks ago

Why not use a LiteBeam fro the CPE's?

by
4 weeks ago

@MFilmWorks17 i am a colleague of @vandenbrinkict and i am kinda allergic of "Litebeam" i am not shure why. but i do not really like the simple design an the word "Lite" is in it. i like "Power" more (It sounds more powerfull). And i want to make shure the uplink of this company witch has about 20 - 40 workers was 100% stable. and i know the powerbeam and its capebilitys. thats why i chose for the powerbeam instead of the litebeam.

But.

We have ordered a litebeam. and our next customer will be connected trough the litebeam gen 2.

by Ubiquiti Employee
4 weeks ago

Great story! Always nice to see deployment photos like these.

by
4 weeks ago - last edited 4 weeks ago

@UBNT-SNK 

Hi. Thanks for your reply. From our site, it’s always a pleasure working on your great products!! Excellent performance and price!!