Thursday
Extending Network to Maintenance Building
Used Products
×1
Description

Our project was to extend our network over to our maintenance shop that was about 1000 ft away. It was not feasible or cost effective to run another line from our local ISP nor to direct bury fiber. 

We decided we had to do wireless.

We had bought the AirFiber 5 for another project and was very impressed, however, it was cost prohibitive for this particular project.

We decided on the NanoBeam 5 AC Gen2, which very reasonably priced and had attractive specs.

I installed one on the exterior of each building and eyeballed them towards each other. Once I got them powered up, they saw each other instantly and data was flowing. I then fine tuned them a little more. 

Safe to say, I get a consistent 400Mbps which is more than enough for what it is being used for. I had spikes close to 600Mbps at times. I am sure with a little more alignment I could get better. However, I very happy with another Ubiquiti product.

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

unifi.PNG

unfii2.PNG

Extending Network to Maintenance Building

by Thursday - last edited Friday by Ubiquiti Employee

Our project was to extend our network over to our maintenance shop that was about 1000 ft away. It was not feasible or cost effective to run another line from our local ISP nor to direct bury fiber. 

We decided we had to do wireless.

We had bought the AirFiber 5 for another project and was very impressed, however, it was cost prohibitive for this particular project.

We decided on the NanoBeam 5 AC Gen2, which very reasonably priced and had attractive specs.

I installed one on the exterior of each building and eyeballed them towards each other. Once I got them powered up, they saw each other instantly and data was flowing. I then fine tuned them a little more. 

Safe to say, I get a consistent 400Mbps which is more than enough for what it is being used for. I had spikes close to 600Mbps at times. I am sure with a little more alignment I could get better. However, I very happy with another Ubiquiti product.

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

unifi.PNG

unfii2.PNG

{"location":{"title":"1903 Bartlett Avenue, Altoona, WI, USA","placeId":"ChIJXVuarIG7-IcRuKdyUoag8Zg"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"nanobeam-5ac-gen2","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"165431i02E38697A1CEA2E7"}

Comments
by
Thursday

Awesome install!  Glad it's working out well for you!  Where did you get those mounts?

by
Thursday

Thanks! Made the mounts myself with galvanized steel pipe and flanges. Works very well.

by Ubiquiti Employee
Friday

Nice setup and thanks for posting.