Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Gen2 UMobile makes Horse Show setup easy

by Thursday - last edited Thursday

We needed to set up six radios for some short links for a horse show this week.

We picked the new Gen2 NanoBeam AC 19 as the AP located at the judges stand.

IMG_6408.JPG

And IsoStation AC's at the entry gates where information needs to be relayed back to the judges stand.  There are two of this entry gates at this end of the show. 

IMG_6414.JPG

The rest of the network isn't set up yet, but we wanted to quickly aim and make sure this part of the link was working correctly. 

This is where the new 2.4 management radio and UMobile makes things extremely easy.   We had already set up the radios back at the office (even though UMobile can be used to 100% set them up).

Once they were all plugged in, we used our smart phone to find the NanoBeam's 2.4 management signal.

IMG_6409e.png

Once we did this, we hit Discovery on UMobile, found the NanoStation and logged into it.

Main.png

It showed two connected stations (see above).  We clicked on the stations and it showed the signal levels.

Before.png

A little tweaking of the NanoBeam AP and things improved:

GOod.png

We can also hit Discovery to log into the remote radios:

Discovery.png

The new 2.4 management radios in the gen2 AirMax AC, along with UMobile made it fast and easy to make sure this portion of the links was up and working.

I've just touched on a small part of the cool things you can do with UMobile and the gen2 radios.  The more you try using it, the more you'll discover it totally changes the way you deploy airmax AC gear. 

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Comments
by
Thursday

Great story Claude!  Great to have this tool in the 'ol belt!

by Ubiquiti Employee
Friday

I sure wish U-Mobile was around when I was still doing installs.  Thanks for sharing!