Friday
Install 2 Nano Station NS-5AC
Used Products
×2
Description

Installation at one of our customers following a malfunction of the old device. We opted for Nano Station loco. We are really happy with the choice made on these small devices which work wonderfully. Super easy to set up. Here is how I proceeded to install the two Nano Stations.

Step one :
- receipt of materials

NanoStationMateriel.jpeg

Step two: 

- Configuration of the two antennas 

Step three:

- attach the first antenna 

Nanostation01.jpeg

Step four:

- attach the second antenna 

Nanostation02.jpeg

Final step:

- checks that the devices are properly configured

Nanostation.png

Install 2 Nano Station NS-5AC

by Friday

Installation at one of our customers following a malfunction of the old device. We opted for Nano Station loco. We are really happy with the choice made on these small devices which work wonderfully. Super easy to set up. Here is how I proceeded to install the two Nano Stations.

Step one :
- receipt of materials

NanoStationMateriel.jpeg

Step two: 

- Configuration of the two antennas 

Step three:

- attach the first antenna 

Nanostation01.jpeg

Step four:

- attach the second antenna 

Nanostation02.jpeg

Final step:

- checks that the devices are properly configured

Nanostation.png

{"location":{"title":"Fribourg, Fribourg, Suisse","placeId":"ChIJRfyJUyxpjkcR74oXhQO1-Ug"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"nanostation-5ac","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"169607iD07128A59B848A9F"}

Comments
by
Friday

Be sure when installing these devices outdoors, you use outdoor rated zip ties and outdoor shielded stp cable.

by Ubiquiti Employee
Friday

I would like to second @j2840fl advice.  The main reason is both may not have UV protection and could fail/break within months depending on how much sun they get.

by
Friday - last edited Friday

So, the one main thing LEFT OUT here, is that the NSL's DO NOT COME WITH A POE.

You have to use a POE switch - or pony up for about $50 for two POE's -

I came across this recently in an install I am waiting to do now, as we dont have POE switches, and for 4 radio's - it is costing the project another $100 -

These things are awesome, so do not forget to budget in another $20 - $25 for POE's.  $8 -$15 if you do not want the gigabit ones -

I do have to say - you should almost always use the gigabit ones however, as 10/100 will work, but if you want high throughput (Like for real) - than go gigabit!

And for sure - use the outdoor rated cable / zip ties - I did see about 3 1/2 years out of some indoor cat 5 - but then had to replace it, as it gets sun damaged / weathered.

Kudos on the good job installing this - thanks for sharing it with us!

Hurray     Cheers2

by
Sunday - last edited Sunday

Thanks for the advice. I ordered the shielded cables and I'm waiting for the order. For their power supply they are powered by PoE injectors (one Gigabit and one 10/100), the investment for a PoE switch was not planned at the time of installation.

Have a good week.