a week ago
PowerBeam AC Gen2 over the city
Reason for Installation
2x PowerBeam 5AC Gen2 for VoIP-connection over 2,4km 2x NanoBeam 5AC Gen2 for VoIP-connection over 300m 2x NanoBeam 5AC Gen2 for data connection over 300m All units were powered via the POE-injector, protected by surge protector
Used Products
×1
×1
Am Rathaus 1, 09111 Chemnitz, Deutschland
Description

StationStation

access-point-site, in the background our old prison ;)access-point-site, in the background our old prison Man Wink

Nice view over the city ;)Nice view over the city Man Wink

concentrator at station-sideconcentrator at station-side

After a storm in our area with damaged the roof together with old antennas, so we had to replace these with UBNT hardware. The PowerBeam is covering a distance of 2,4km right over the downtown of our city. We reached nearly 450Mbps capacity but I had to reduce modulation rate for better VoIP stability. 

The two NanoBeams are covering a two other links to a bulding just 300m away.

Aligning the antennas was just easy and we have SNR about 30dB.

PowerBeam AC Gen2 over the city

by a week ago - last edited a week ago

StationStation

access-point-site, in the background our old prison ;)access-point-site, in the background our old prison Man Wink

Nice view over the city ;)Nice view over the city Man Wink

concentrator at station-sideconcentrator at station-side

After a storm in our area with damaged the roof together with old antennas, so we had to replace these with UBNT hardware. The PowerBeam is covering a distance of 2,4km right over the downtown of our city. We reached nearly 450Mbps capacity but I had to reduce modulation rate for better VoIP stability. 

The two NanoBeams are covering a two other links to a bulding just 300m away.

Aligning the antennas was just easy and we have SNR about 30dB.

{"location":{"title":"Am Rathaus 1, 09111 Chemnitz, Deutschland","placeId":"ChIJay8vTlxGp0cRZ6vIC1dYkBI"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"powerbeam-5ac-gen2","count":1},{"id":"nanobeam-5ac-gen2","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"2x PowerBeam 5AC Gen2 for VoIP-connection over 2,4km\n\n2x NanoBeam 5AC Gen2 for VoIP-connection over 300m\n\n2x NanoBeam 5AC Gen2 for data connection over 300m\n\nAll units were powered via the POE-injector, protected by surge protector ","mainImage":"142902i2248CCD9625F104D"}

Comments
by
Friday

Yay, old Alvarion B-Systems... i love them *cough*

We still have too many of them in operation. More than I care to say. VL also... >_>