Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Prismstation addition

by on ‎07-12-2017 12:59 PM

Recently I added several prismstation 45 deg horns to a micropop. The horns on the prismstation is full aluminum, as is the radio itself. At first I was concerned about the azimuth getting changed if you ever have to swap a radio, but the swivel mount stays on the tower, thus preserving your aim. They seem to have good isolation, but I lose some of that having them in such close proximity.

Sync works nice (prismstations have GPS antenna) but I did discover that you need to have a reasonably good signal to noise ratio on the client, as it has trouble when it hears more than one AP to loudly.

I think I may need to adjust the downtilt a bit....bit much downtilt for a flatlander. I don't have many customers on these yet as this POP is pretty new.

image(1).jpgimage(2).jpgimage(4).jpgimage.jpg

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-12-2017 03:09 PM

Nice setup! How many clients do you have connected?

by
on ‎07-12-2017 05:37 PM

@UBNT-SNK currently only 12. I wanted to do some testing without affecting a large amount of customers, so I put it on a tower that has only been there for about a month. 

by
on ‎07-12-2017 10:05 PM

Hi,

where did you buy the mounts for the PRISMstation

by
on ‎07-13-2017 01:04 AM

Hi,

when can we expect them in europe to became available ?

isostation M and AC are here but not prisms!

by
on ‎07-13-2017 02:31 PM

@amishgenius A bit off topic but how are you finding the Litebeam 120? Can you give a few details on users, plans, average throughput etc. 

Thanks!

by
on ‎07-13-2017 04:51 PM

@amishgenius A bit off topic but how are you finding the Litebeam 120? Can you give a few details on users, plans, average throughput etc. 

Thanks!

I really like the Litebeam for micro pops. Thing about micro pops is many times there is not a large concentration of clients. Throughput is very much like other AC products. I sell up to 20 meg.

by
on ‎07-14-2017 07:27 PM

So ho many clients can you get up to on Litebeam before start to see performance issues or do you have that many connected to those currently ?  We have about 10 of them to deploy in different areas and have not tested more than 6 or so clients so far.  Just wondering if specs show correctly or if can stretch a few more in without degrading performance...

by
on ‎07-31-2017 02:35 AM

@amishgenius I have been using LiteBeam AC-APs for micropops. Greate price for a setup with 1-5 clients. Add a shield and they're useable. But now with isoStation horns I prefer those instead. Great isolation and price (still cheap for a micropop), much less problems with mounting....