Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Time is our biggest commodity

by 2 weeks ago

We're a small company for our scale.  Including office staff, we total eleven people supporting around 11,000 subs from 250+ sites.  I'm never bored.  I'm never idle.  In fact, I dream about a 40-hour week.   But, I'm having the most fun I've ever had at work.

In our company, I'm by far the biggest fan-boy of the Gen 2 gear.   The owner of the company was pleasantly surprised when I told him one of our new PrismStations could be configured in a couple minutes after I'd just attached it and powered it up.   I mean, he knew it had a 2.4 radio in it, but he's always plugging in to configure radios.   His S.O.P. is to call the guys in the office and have them configure it while whoever is on the tower waits.

By the time he had the call connected and was talking to Dan in the office, I was logged in, had an IP assigned, and was selecting a frequency and setting SSID.  All while still in the air.

Also, I can't express how many trips up and down a ladder or the amount of time saved at customer sites.

Now, with the U-Installer, I don't have to buy the LinkTechs PoE anymore.

You're nailing it, UBNT.  Keep it up!

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
2 weeks ago

Awesome! Glad to hear the new gear is working well for you. Any cool photos of the deployment?