a week ago
Upgrading to airMax AC Gen 2
Used Products
×2
×2
152 President Mbeki Drive, Rustenburg, South Africa
Description

Upgrading one of our Towers to increase our throughput between our sites.IMG_20180910_124715.jpg

The Team busy with the installation, mounting the Rocket Dishes with Rocket 5AC Prism Gen2 Installed on both units.

IMG_20180910_124728.jpg

The Team Doing Alligment on one of the Dishes

IMG_20180910_152239.jpg

A Happy Team, The link is up and running.

Dashboard.PNG

Success, a good quality link that will help us in the long run.

Upgrading to airMax AC Gen 2

by a week ago

Upgrading one of our Towers to increase our throughput between our sites.IMG_20180910_124715.jpg

The Team busy with the installation, mounting the Rocket Dishes with Rocket 5AC Prism Gen2 Installed on both units.

IMG_20180910_124728.jpg

The Team Doing Alligment on one of the Dishes

IMG_20180910_152239.jpg

A Happy Team, The link is up and running.

Dashboard.PNG

Success, a good quality link that will help us in the long run.

{"location":{"title":"152 President Mbeki Drive, Rustenburg, South Africa","placeId":"ChIJgcZ9o9gLvh4REVkiiCZQ6i8"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"rocket-5ac-prism-gen2","count":2},{"id":"5ghz-rocketdish-30dbi-rocket-kit","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"174730i3271C435744598C0"}

Comments
by
a week ago

A 30dB dish for 0.6 miles?... You could probably point them 180 degrees out and it'd work lol. We'd use a NanoBeam for that distance.

by
a week ago

@stevehowes... that was exactly was I thought Man Happy That was waste of money

by
a week ago

With a higher gain antenna you are able to reduce tx-power. This reduces interference. It is always better to have good ears.

by
a week ago

You'll get better results using a lower frequency and definitely less power for that short distance, reduce the channel to 30 MHz, reduce power to 1dB and your link will be ten times better, and won't waste that big part of the spectrum

by
a week ago

signal is fine. Even with big antenna. That link shows no sign of over kill.

by
a week ago

where comes the 30 ms latency from ?

by
a week ago

Pretty much the only scenario where 80 mhz might work

by
a week ago

@Russ00726dB of power (56 dB EIRP) for 0.6 miles? that's insane, and destroying the spectrum for everyone

by
Sunday

@RedLink_Juan its not my link.  I agree its too much but according to the interface everything looks ok. So how will rookie installers know that this is not the way to do things. Not everyone has studied the theory of wireless and this im affraid is why we all struggle.

by
Monday

"how will rookie installers know that this is not the way to do things"

Training?

"Not everyone has studied the theory of wireless"

Then you're probably doing it wrong!