Highlighted
Kudos: 127
Solutions: 12

NanoStation AC Loco - first installation & will an M5 bracket works?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

so new NanoStation Loco AC is finally here. First of all, if you're using RF Elements brackets, good news - it will work. It won't work out of the box, but it's holding very firmly, just use the Ubiquiti's cable tie, as it's UV resistant. I asked their Sales manager directly (surprise surprise, they are based in my country in Europe) and answer was they don't plan manufacturing specific bracket for AC models, so this is your only way with Nano AC Loco for now.

IMG_3803_resize.jpg

But first, let's open this very nice looking radio. The clip for opening is on usual place for NanoStation family. It's little bit harder to reach as on M models, but it's for security probably:

IMG_3804_resize.jpg

So after some work with screwdriver let's see first time this brand new LAN port:

IMG_3805_resize.jpg

and surpriseeee, you just disassembled the whole antenna Man Happy So after some puzzle work how to put it back let's continue.

So where is the actual LAN port? It's here

IMG_3806_resize.jpg

Its big brother NanoStation AC is not available in my country yet (sad face), so I'm looking forward for that release date.

As I wrote before, NanoStation is very familiar name in public for how many - 10 years? Many people don't know what is "ubiquiti" (or can't pronounce it Man Wink ) but they know what NanoStation is, so the new AC models are very welcome.

Post Scriptum:

Yes I know that on cover page of the manual there is a picture about how to open this radio, but really? Manuals for us - professionals? Man Wink

good luck

IMG_3813_resize.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2103
Solutions: 325

Re: NanoStation AC Loco - first installation & will an M5 bracket works?

How is it performing?
Kudos: 127
Solutions: 12

Ubiquiti Employee

Just generally.

We have them in field and they work great but there is no box for the UNII rules to be activated...   It won't see the expanded frequency list...   Anyone know why the box is missing?    I would like to know...   It's limiting our deployment.

Ubiquiti Employee

Which firmware version are you using?

Ubiquiti Employee

Ok, thanks. Let me look into this.

Thanks

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 2

Any information?

It performs well....   I use the white j-mounts for adjusting v and h alignment.....     Just beware if you have trees around ... the lobes on the fresnel zones are wider ..... It is not as directional as a litebeam......      The nice thing is they are cheap compared to other radios.....  The white zip tie they come with is a little flimsy and over time breaks in constant sunlight....      I usually double up the zip ties or use hose clamps...

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that info. It's good to know.  But, I was hoping for info on the UNII bands. i.e. Will they be available? I'm not going to purchase any of these until they are because the area I'm in is pretty congested and the DFS bands are needed.

Scratch all of that... My AC Loco came in yesterday (I had ordered one) and I have all of the bands available..  Have you checked? There's no place to put in the code because it's already unlocked.