Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Nanobeam 5AC 16 - Ideal TW Power for 200ft distance?

I'm setting up a bridge between our car wash and a vacuum tower to run high resolution cameras back to the NVR units.  Distance is only 200ft.  What would be the ideal TW POWER to use for this line of sight short distance?  I set the value to 10 on the bench (6ft apart)

airos.png

SuperUser
Kudos: 3931
Solutions: 941

Re: Nanobeam 5AC 16 - Ideal TW Power for 200ft distance?

[ Edited ]

Way too hot there.

Adjust the power on each and aim for an RX level on each end of between -45 to -50db as a guidleine not the low to mid -20dbs that you have now.

Turn power down when on bench as well and give them some separation.

Use the narrowest channel width that gives you the required throughput, currently you have a channel width of 80MHz and you can bring this down. Try 30MHz, see what you get.

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
Kudos: 1

The connection is working great, please review the attached and let me know if you would fine tune anything.  3dBm seems to get me right in that -47/-48 you mentioned.  Should I adjust anything else or leave it?  I don't need 196mbps so maybe go to 20mhz?  Essentially 100mbps is all I would ever need, as you can see I'm pushing about 16mbps with 4 cameras, and I might just add 2-3 more cameras.

nanobeam.JPG

SuperUser
Kudos: 3931
Solutions: 941

Looks like you nailed it. -47/48 dbm will see this pair running happily as it's right in the sweetspot.

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard