hdmi over nanostation M2

hi all, i have just discovered the nanostation M2 and i think it is an amazing product.

I would like to use it in this way:

- connect my videocamera with hdmi to a tcp/ip extender trasmitter

- connect the hdmi to tcpip extender to the M2 nanostation

- send the signal to a second m2

- connect the second M2 to a tcp/ip recevier

- connect the recevier to a monitor

my hdmi to tcp/ip extender is an AUKEY HDMI Extender 1080P.

I found someone doing it on the web but I do not know how to setup the 2 m2 nanostation. should they be point to point or some other setup?

thanks a lot for your support

david

m2.jpg
SuperUser
Kudos: 4546
Solutions: 1034

Re: hdmi over nanostation M2

No that will not work.

The AUKEY device you mention is to extend an HDMI signal using Cat5/6 cable. Its is not a device that runs HDMI over TCP/IP. The use of the Cat 5/6 cable is merely a means of extension.

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 13

These will work but make sure you dont plug them into your home network as they will slow down your whole network with bdcast

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=14158

hi, thanks a lot for your help.

so what should I use instead of the AUKLEY device?

it seems that these guys can do it... http://wyda.co/quickstart

and it seems that they use an Hdmi extention kit like mine.

Am I worng?

David

thanks, what does it change between my extender and these suggested by you? thanks.

anyway... what is the setup I shoudl use in the M2? Point to point?

thanks a lot

SuperUser

[ Edited ]

As you can see there is abig difference between the HDMI over Cat 5/6 cable and the HDMI over Ethernet devices. from what I read about your AUKLEY it is merely an extender that uses a Cat cable between the 2 ends.

Devices such as the Ocean Matrix range convert HDMI to TCP/IP and are able to wok across a network/VLAN

How well the device mentioned above will work on a 100TX based system I can't say as I have only ever used this type of device on Gigabit wired networks.

If you go for the experiment use 5GHz radios set as a PtP bridge with one as Access Point WDS and the other as Station WDS. Don't use 2.4GHz for a PtP bridge.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

I was going to but two locom2 (2ghz), are you sure that i need the locom5? they are more expensive :-(
I will use the sistem inside a basketball court so no needs of bif distances. probably less than 50 meters and maximum 1 wall. Isn't 2ghz better in this case?

does the big presence of audience (2500 persons with cellphones) will affect the system? in this case m2 or m5?
Thnaks
SuperUser

[ Edited ]

Use 5GHz for PtP bridge. 2.4GHz has only 3 non overlapping channels at 20MHz channel spacing and is over congested with portable users especially in the scenario you give.

Having a wall in the way isn't ideal.

ok, i'm going to buy these:

https://www.amazon.it/Mirabox-Extender-Ethernet-prolunga-ARX373/dp/B06WD82BPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electroni...

2 of these:

https://www.amazon.it/Ubiquiti-Networks-LocoM5-150Mbit-repeaters/dp/B00HXT8FPS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electron...

for the wall I will avoid it. In your opinion this solution is much better than others hdmi wireless extender that are selling on the internet? they say maximum 30ft. my solution should go much longer.

Last thing that I would like to do is to conenct them to a powerbank to keep the sender into a bag. Do you think that moving around will let the system lose the connectivity?

David

SuperUser

These Nanostation Loco M5's are not 'extenders' such as other advertised product. They are designed to be used to great effect in a PtP/PtMP link. They are line of sight devices and as such should be mounted in alignment with each other.

They are not designed to be carried around in a bag as you propose.

have you seen these guys? they seems to use them while driving in a car...

https://vimeo.com/224633183

SuperUser

[ Edited ]

Yes as do the Teradek products. Depends what your budget is.

big difference.. this setup system cost 250 euros... teradeck could cost 2000.

If it works could be a big thing... I think i will try anyway. will post the results if you are interested

anyway.. thanks you very much for your help. I really appriciated it.

Established Member
Kudos: 536
Solutions: 141

Do not waste your money on the hdmi extenders. IT WILL NOT WORK.

Having an RJ45  connector does not mean that they are ethernet/tcp/ip type.

You have been given advice from some of the most prominent members here, why not listen?

sorry but the one that i already have is an extender... the one taht i would like to buy is a

hdmi on TCP/IP. In the description is written that the data can be moved on switch, routers or other networking devices. do I understand it wrong?

https://www.amazon.it/Mirabox-Extender-Ethernet-prolunga-ARX373/dp/B06WD82BPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electroni...

SuperUser

These devices work over a Gigabit wired network. However I cannot vouch for their operation over a pair of Nanostation Locos which at best are about 75Mbps on a well set up link

Kudos: 1

Found this forum a while back searching for the same thing... can I use a HDMI extender over Ubiquiti equipment. Despite the "it won't work" comments, I had to give exactly what you were asking about a shot. After spending thousands on Cinegears and Teradek equipment, I figured there had to be a cheaper way. 

Bottom line, yes, it does work. I returned the first HDMI extenders thinking it was something in them that wouldn't work. Then a light clicked and I thought it must be Airmax. That was it! Disabled Airmax and boom! I had video. It went pretty far. Just set the antennas to the same IP range. Also, you MUST disable Airmax. 

For a cheaper option to do wireless video, this works! 

SuperUser

Please be careful. Many boxes won't and I have tried many.

There are some that do. What is the actual make and model of the ones that you are using that and we can add them to the list. Thanks

Kudos: 109
Solutions: 11

where we can see that list? Man Happy

and how these boxes works? its tcp or udp? do they have web config?

Good to hear that it works..

can you please let me know how and from where we have to disable airmax?

and one ubnt should be as access point and another as station right?

and ip adreess example of each device..

Thanks in advance.