Highlighted
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 2

ISOSTATION AP have frequncies available above what my Airmax radios have useable

My Airmax radios go up to 5700 Mhz, yet I have some ISOSTATIONS that I use as AP's, that go up to 5865 Mhz. I suffer from a vastly overcrowded 5Ghz spectrum, so finding a nice quite spot is difficult. Airmagic would have been a nice tool, if it did not recommend frequencies I cant use, because a lot of my fleet of CPE radios, are still on Airmax technology. Yes it would be nice to change all my CPE's to AC technology overnight, but I have been building my network for the last seven years now (well before AC came out), so the cost is out of reach, for the moment.

Anyway, the nub of the question is, is there anyway to limit the scope of frequencies Airmagic "looks" at?

PS Am I legally allowed to use frquencies between 5705 and 5865 in my country, Spain?

Regards, Mark, Spain
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3361
Solutions: 682
Contributions: 73

Re: ISOSTATION AP have frequncies available above what my Airmax radios have useable

What channel width are you using on the APs that go up to 5700MHz only?  If 40MHz, could you try changing the sector to 20MHz?  

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Re: ISOSTATION AP have frequncies available above what my Airmax radios have useable

In that sector I have 4 Isostations on 10 Mhz bandwidth.

Regards, Mark, Spain
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3361
Solutions: 682
Contributions: 73

Could I also ask what firmware version they are using?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

8.5.7 (Spain)

Regards, Mark, Spain
Kudos: 629
Solutions: 158

@markscotford wrote:

PS Am I legally allowed to use frquencies between 5705 and 5865 in my country, Spain?

As an operator, you and your technicians need to know all of this information.

Spend some time googling and reading official pages to learn.

As far as upgrading radios, you do what you can over time, that is why mixed mode was developed. A path forward.