Highlighted
Kudos: 128
Solutions: 17

Missing "Revised Rules" activation on NanoBridge XM 6.1.7

I have an older unit NanoBridge XM series that doesnt have the Activation Button for the Revised Rules or any UNII unlock. I know it is an older unit, probably around 2015 era but why is this such an issue to get these older radios to work with the newer ones? All I really need is to get to the 5150-5250 range. I have this one radio out of over 1000 so far that has no Active button which is odd since many others were purchased around the same time as this one. 

Do I have to go through the process listed in this thread to go all the way back to 5.5.x, activate the UNII, then upgrade to 5.6.x to do the revised rules?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3537
Solutions: 729
Contributions: 73

Re: Missing "Revised Rules" activation on NanoBridge XM 6.1.7

You will need to go down to 5.5.11 to enable DFS, and then directly to v6.  Sending you the details.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Kudos: 128
Solutions: 17

The biggest issue with this unlock process is that the station is connected to an AC AP so this wont work without a site visit. And if thats the case I am better off just upgrading the station to an AC radio while I am out there even thought this radio is working just fine. I just want to change the AP to a different frequency.

Is there a reason that there isn't a simple process for unlocking these devices for any of the various unlock codes (DFS, UNII, Revised UNII)? I know with the old DFS rules we needed to put a new FCC sticker on them, so I can somewhat understand the process this has to go through but that isnt an excuse for making the process so difficult.

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 13

Not sure if this works with your current firmware but we have used it in the past:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Wireless-Networking/UNII-activation-over-SSH/td-p/1560268