Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

NanoBeam AC Gen 2 Web-Login not possible

[ Edited ]

Hello all!

I've a problem with the login to the Web-GUI to the NanoBeam.

A few weeks ago, I configured 2 Nanobeam ac gen 2 to bridge a road on the company premises. Last friday i was able to assemble the devices and put them into operation. Everything worked immediately correct, which of course I was very happy.
Unfortunately, I do not get access to the web interface. The IP scanner finds the devices and also displays the MAC address. However, there is no ping back nor do I get something displayed in the browser. How can I access the devices from the company network? Maybe I need a port? Unfortunately, I have no solution. I hope someone here is able to help me.

Sorry for my english!! Smiley Frustrated

Addendum: I'm not on site and I can not use the app or receive the wlan signal.

Accepted Solutions

Re: NanoBeam AC Gen 2 Web-Login not possible

It is solved.

Last Wednesday, I was there and connected with the laptop directly to the master device. I got access to the web GUI immediately. The review found 2 errors.

1. The subnet mask was wrong.

2. A gateway was not entered.

Now I've access to the radios from all other Computer in the network.

Many thanks to all for your help ! !

View solution in original post

All Replies
Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Hello,

What kind of firmware are you running on these, and how have you configured the management interface (any VLAN config, for instance)?
Please give us as much details as you can about both the physical setup, as well as the software configuration. The more details we have, the easier it'll be for us to figure out what's wrong. After all. Man Wink

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, I have no access to the devices, so I can not say anything about the firmware.
The master device hangs without VLAN with a fixed IP (10.30.123.101) on the switch.
The slave device has the 10.30.123.102. the wireless network is 172.16.y.z
Unfortunately, I can not say more. As I said, the configuration is several weeks ago, so I do not remember more details.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 785
Solutions: 190

If you don't remember anything beyond IPs it's hard to guess what your issue is.
As you have no access to these radios... what means 'everything worked correctly' ??
What means wireless network is 172. xxxxx ?
ubnt wireless bridge or some WiFi you're connected with your laptop etc. ?
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

Yes, I know, help is difficult here. I have access to the network, but I am outside and connected via VPN.

Company network (10.x.y.101 --> master ---- wireless bridge 172.x.y.z --- slave --> Backupserver

After mounting the devices, I was able to access the backup server immediately and the backups are properly written.

Kudos: 592
Solutions: 146

If the radios are set statically, set a static ip in your laptop in the same subnet as the radios to connect to them.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

@TommyEIf you're not sure what the exact IP is, you can use a Linux/*nix-based OS and run nmap. You only need to be in the same network for it to work, which means knowing the netmask. If you don't know the netmask, then you'll need to either find the documentations for these links (they are documented, right?), or prepare to spend a few hours trying and failing.

I know the exact IP's.

In my second Post I wrote:

The master device hangs without VLAN with a fixed IP (10.30.123.101) on the switch.
The slave device has the 10.30.123.102.

and have also documented the access data properly.

I also do'nt have a Problem with the subnet, it is a /16. I'm using a RDP to the Administration-PC with static IP.

I just tried to use ssh. Unfortunately without success.

Since everything works first, I will probably wait until the next time I am in the company and tap the WLAN of the bridge with the app. If nessesary I have to reset.

Thanks for your help.

If you still have ideas, always like to come with them

Veteran Member
Kudos: 785
Solutions: 190

@TommyE

Now i get it... at least i think...still little guessing here:
company network 10.30.0.0/16
VPN remote IP 10.30.0.0/16
Radio static IPs 172.16.x.y

Unless there is some routing between these subnets (or you have access to VPN config).. you have to get to company and set your computer/laptops IP to same subnet as your radios for webGUI access. (or just add that subnet to ethernet interface)

btw: I would change radio IP subnet to same as your company uses for remote access.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

Almost right. Smiley Wink The VPN is completely irrelevant and can be neglected in the entire problem because I have a RDP connection to a computer on the network. There is still a small possibility that I accidentally set the subnet on the radios to 24 instead of 16, but I do not think so.

Next time I'm in the company, I'll connect to the radio directly with the laptop and try to get access. Which is basically nothing else than I already do.

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 4

If you're sure both are set to bridges, might need to check under Network/Management Network Settings/Management Interface: make sure BRIDGE0 is set to (LAN0,WLAN0).... of course this will require a site visit.

If there's a chance you started out as bridges and then changed one to router mode...

Block management access might be enabled. Will have to return to the site and turn that off if so....

Network/WAN Network Settings/Block Management Access (On/Off).

Hope this helps... 

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at that when I'm there.

It is solved.

Last Wednesday, I was there and connected with the laptop directly to the master device. I got access to the web GUI immediately. The review found 2 errors.

1. The subnet mask was wrong.

2. A gateway was not entered.

Now I've access to the radios from all other Computer in the network.

Many thanks to all for your help ! !