Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 390
Solutions: 113

Router - Soho router Confusion

Following up this thread regarding router modes of operation, there seem to be selectable modes that are inconsistent with the proper operation of the radio.

In station mode, only the router option should be selectable not both.

In AP mode again, only the soho router option should be selectable.

The AP router mode gives you the option to select the wan interface, why is the wan option selectable ? It can only function with the lan (or bridge for dual lan port radios) interface as WAN.

The same applies when in Station router mode, you cannot have the lan port setup as your WAN and setup a DHCP server on your WLAN interface in station mode!!!

This applies for OS 5.6.15 and under. I assume that it's the same for OS6

Please correct me if I am missing some other mode of operation, and all the above selections/modes are needed.

@UBNT-SNK

@UBNT-James    your views?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 616
Solutions: 57

Re: Router - Soho router Confusion

@UBNT-Edmundas Can you comment on the history here?

I am all for simplifying configuration options, but want to make sure we are talking about options that are still active in current versions of software and that are not in use by many people.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1822
Solutions: 178

Re: Router - Soho router Confusion

UBNT-SNK wrote:
@UBNT-Edmundas Can you comment on the history here?

I am all for simplifying configuration options, but want to make sure we are talking about options that are still active in current versions of software and that are not in use by many people.

We can avoid SOHO-Router mode in airMAX AC series line, but take it out from the products shipping last 10 years... I don't think it's good idea. More pain with upgrades, than real benefit of this change.

-Edmundas