Kudos: 57
Solutions: 4

Any consumer AC router in the roadmap?

I loved AirRouter for its predictable stability and AirOS monitoring features.

When used in WDS-bridge it allowed to extend coverage inside the building.

That was a strange decision to release much powerful 5dBi AirRouter-HP with power input PoE-only - was not practical for indoors at all.

Any plans for a cheap 802.11n 2x2 MIMO or 3x3 AC home router with WDS feature onboard?

CCNP __________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________"Thanks" button: V
SuperUser
Kudos: 5291
Solutions: 1760

Re: Any consumer AC router in the roadmap?

[ Edited ]

Amplifi is the consumer-targeted wifi router/AP/mesh solution.

https://amplifi.com/

I did it my way .... Man Happy

[ Edited ]

If only AmpliFi could be hooked on outdoor Rocket M2/M5/AC signal directly (without wires)...

CCNP __________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________"Thanks" button: V
SuperUser
Kudos: 5291
Solutions: 1760

The Rocket M2/M5/AC still needs a wire going to it for power. I can't see why that same wire can't be used to pass an ethernet connection to the Amplifi (through the Rocket's POE brick, of course).
I did it my way .... Man Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Cause a Rocket is half mile away)

I used AirRouters to extend coverage to indoors using non-AirMax WDS mode with outdoor APs.

Later I figured out a generic 802.11n MIMO router with external antennas in repeater mode does the same more effectively (due to antennas and price), but less stable, than native AirRouter Man Sad