Established Member
Kudos: 795
Solutions: 19

Can AmpliFi get it's own subforum ?

I know that it's Ubiquiti Labs that manufacturing the AmpliFi (at least officilly) but it would be nice if there was any forum for it if stores and installers might notice any problem or have feature requests that is asked for by customers.

I know that it's made for people with 0 network knowledge and I'm REALLY impressed with how simple it was to setup and how it in one case a customer of mine looked at two other routers at start and when I showed the customer an AmpliFi that was put on a stand, the customer totally forgot the other SoHo routers and bought an AmpliFi.

The only two problem I've had so far is:

1. The setup said that it did not get any IP via DHCP, but it was possible to skip the test and after the reboot that followed it had obtained an IP and everythingworked fine.
  2. An indication of problem with diagnostics but it works fine.

I just wonder if future firmwareupgrades maybe will support:

1. IPV6?
  2. A simple firewall?

I just read a test that had thoose two as parts of the test and it would be nice to be able to show customers tests where all this features is available in the products, at least the IPV6 part.

Kudos: 3

Re: Can AmpliFi get it's own subforum ?

Wonderful product for me. I concur with you post. An "Amplifi" forum would be awesome and more importantly, beneficial. 

Yes!  There should be a subforum fo rthis product!  I am really dissappointed to see that one hasn't already been deployed. There really isn't any good excuse for this. I just bought my system and would have found it beneficial to hear from other users!

SuperUser
Kudos: 11080
Solutions: 685
Contributions: 1

The reason is that AmpliFi is actually a separate brand, not directly sold along side UniFi and AirMax etc.   Something will be soming along before too long probably...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Kudos: 1

So where or when is that AmpliFi forum going to be available?

Kudos: 1

I just came across an AmpliFi forum on reddit.  Not sure if it is the official AmpliFi forum, but there are a lot of posts to a dedicated AmpliFi forum on there.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1322
Solutions: 397

@mobiquiti wrote:

I just came across an AmpliFi forum on reddit.  Not sure if it is the official AmpliFi forum, but there are a lot of posts to a dedicated AmpliFi forum on there.

You'll find the official community at https://community.amplifi.com/frontpage

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide