01-01-2018 06:25 PM
NEED TO REPLACE THE DIR-655
- Want to have parents' on the 126.96.36.199 network user printers on the 192.168.2.1 network (see image at bottom)
- Ubiquiti Tech said I needed to create a hop on the dlink router to the printer IP address (ie 192.168.2.222)
- But the DIR-655 only allows WAN hops, not LAN hops
- SO…. I need to replace my DIR-655 with a Ubiquiti device that can create a hop for parents to print
- I prefer to use a Ubiquiti AirRouter so it can alo provide the wireless capability
- But, if AirRouter can't create the LAN hop... should I use an Edgerouter POE ERPOE-5 and add a Unifi Wireless Access Point???
01-02-2018 12:43 AM
Also then you simply create access rules in the EdgeRouter to allow access to the printer VLAN so everyone can use the printers from wired and wireless networks.
01-02-2018 05:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Peter... but I'd like to avoid changing anything that currently exists. Only want to replace the home router in the simplest way possible.
Hope it's possible.