Accepted Solution

Using Airrouter on UAP SSID - wireless bridge - not seeing devices connected to LAN ports

I'm trying to do something fairly simple, but its not working. I have only found somewhat related posts - maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to use my AirRouter in station mode on one of the SSIDs set up on my network (with UAPs and a USG). I've gone through all the online videos / instructions that show you easily set the Network in Bridge mode with the gateway settings corresponding to the USG IP), and then set the Wireless network to Station (WDS enabled), selecting the right SSID and entering the required key.

So, I get a good connection when it reboots, and I can see the fixed IP of my Airrouter on the home network. BUT, I cannot see any devices connected to the LAN ports of the Airrouter. Ive set the airrouter to not use DHCP (as I assume the USG will be doing this), and it has its own fixed IP. 

Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 5291
Solutions: 1761

Re: Using Airrouter on UAP SSID - wireless bridge - not seeing devices connected to LAN ports

For MACs to traverse a wireless bridge, you need a compatible WDS mode enabled device on both ends of the wireless link. WDS is not a standard - its implementation varies between device families.

AirRouter is an AirMAX device, compatible (for WDS purposes) with other AirMAX devices. The UAPs are not AirMAX devices.

For your network to work as you intend, you need an AirMAX radio on the other end of your wireless bridge, in AP-WDS mode.
I did it my way .... Man Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 5291
Solutions: 1761

Re: Using Airrouter on UAP SSID - wireless bridge - not seeing devices connected to LAN ports

For MACs to traverse a wireless bridge, you need a compatible WDS mode enabled device on both ends of the wireless link. WDS is not a standard - its implementation varies between device families.

AirRouter is an AirMAX device, compatible (for WDS purposes) with other AirMAX devices. The UAPs are not AirMAX devices.

For your network to work as you intend, you need an AirMAX radio on the other end of your wireless bridge, in AP-WDS mode.
I did it my way .... Man Happy