Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Introducing the iPhone/iPad App for mFi!

by Ubiquiti Employee on ‎08-06-2013 07:12 PM

screen568x568.jpegHi All,

We wanted to introduce you to the brand new (published today) iPhone/iPad mobile version of the mFi app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mfi/id683620860?ls=1&mt=8

It's still in beta, so we'd love any feedback you can provide! 

If you have any feature requests, or would like to report an issue, please open a new thread in the mFi forum:
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/mFi/bd-p/mFi

Enjoy!
-Matt

Comments
by
on ‎08-06-2013 08:47 PM

When will you make a andriod verison of this?

by
on ‎08-06-2013 10:39 PM

Maybe an app for AC2 or AirVision or UniFi on android?

by
on ‎08-07-2013 06:50 AM

would be nice if the app remembered the URL of the controller and the credentials.

by
on ‎08-07-2013 09:25 AM
Before I start reporting bugs and asking for new features....YAY!!! Thanks for making a mFI app!!!! :-)
by
on ‎08-07-2013 09:37 AM
Hmmm, ok, I log into mfi.ubnt.com, I see nothing. Poking on things like the icons along the left doesn't do anything. Searching doesn't find any of my devices. Ok, beta...I get it. ;-)
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎08-07-2013 10:19 AM

Hi guys,

To report issues, or specific feedback, can you create a new topic in the mFi forum? Icon Cool

Thanks!

-Matt

by
on ‎08-28-2013 08:16 PM

matt. there more android than iphone on the market . are you working on a android platform ?

by
on ‎12-19-2013 11:23 PM

Matt, 

I just got the mFi.  It is incredible.  I am an energy auditor at Bay Efficiency.  I help commercial buildings leverage energy-efficiency to increase profits.  This is a great controls solution for medium and small businesses who couldn't afford controls before. 

Is the proper place to ask questions about the iPhone app?  I have browsed the community forum for a while and can find the answer. 

Everything is working fine until I turn off my computer.  Then the iPhone App stops controlling the mFi.  Is there a way to control the mFi once my computer is turned off?  Did I miss a tutorial somewhere.  

Also, are there any mFi products that can be manually switched?  So I could turn it on and off without a computer or iPhone. 

Thanks!

Ty

by
on ‎01-21-2014 07:31 AM

Im install app in Russia Man Wink

how login?

by
on ‎02-26-2014 12:09 PM

In the IPhone Mfi program needed to play script buttons. It would be convenient to play scripts.Smiley Happy

by
on ‎03-04-2014 02:11 PM

Iphone Mfi app

I would like to have an addition in mfi app. 

Where I have the oppertunity to choos a rule

On or Off, Like attaches image

mFi.png

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎06-06-2014 11:59 AM

Try browsing the controller IP with your iPhone.  You should get a mobile formatted set of pages, including scenes.   Or you can browse <ip>:<port>/mobile from any device to get the pages.

You can even save the links to your home screen and it will add an icon.  And it remembers what mobile view you were on, so you can have one for control, one for scenes....

I saved a link to the scenes on my iPhone, so I can easily run my sprinklers for 30 minutes when needed.  I use it several times a week.

by
‎07-20-2014 08:57 AM - edited ‎07-20-2014 08:57 AM

I would like to see the Same Rule on/off functionality as requested by "Torpet".

I don't understand why you respond that he than should use the web version, why ask then what features we would like to see?

by
on ‎08-29-2014 09:49 PM
It's a very good app, but I can't see my costumer sensors and this is very important, can Ubnt include this feature? Can I use some diferents users for the same controller Ruth a diferente profile?
by
on ‎09-01-2014 08:44 AM

It sure would be nice if they updated the app to include this (and the mFi-LD).  In the meantime, have you tried the webapp?

by
on ‎12-21-2014 06:36 AM

I would love to have the equivalent of the 'Energy' tab visable in the AppMan Happy

by
on ‎01-15-2015 11:29 AM

I have a very small request that I believe is very simple to include and will be appreciated by many people.

I have an iPad mounted on a wall which serve as a console to view all the graphs and control the switches. It works very well (the app is very, very nice designed).

The problem is, that I have to login very frequently (few times a day) so the usage of the console becomes more complex. Is possible to add some checkbox "remember me" so that I have to login only once?

I hope my wish is taken in consideration. Thank you!

P.S.: A little bit late, but anyway - Happy new 2015, hopee will be great for you.

m@rko

by
on ‎01-15-2015 04:25 PM

Thanks, @zipposlo , for such a well-worded request.  

@UBNT-Randy I agree with @zipposlo 's request.  I find myself (and my girlfriend too) having to repeatedly log back in to the iPhone app.

Do you think it might be possible to poach some of @UBNT-Anthony 's code for auto-login.  It seems to work very well on their side.

by
‎04-27-2015 11:29 PM - edited ‎04-28-2015 11:11 PM

by
on ‎05-27-2015 09:09 PM

You totally missed the Android platform?! its a very very bad news for 80% of your customers

by
on ‎07-09-2015 04:17 AM

I am looking for a solution to control a physical alarm using UBNT sensors.. Needs help the soonest.. If you have one, kindly send the detailed components needed to trigger physical alarm and also to reset the alarm too.

by
on ‎08-14-2015 11:22 PM

I think someone is asleep at the wheel, you guys have the best and coolest interface for the Unifi brand, now lets get mifi on it, lets get android working dang it, look at what lowes is offering, Iris, we resellers of computer tech, can offer your products, but you need to catch up. I just purchased Aiphone door system and you guys could have easily done that. Also i have the unif vid system, and why not use the cam's in your phones to connect to that? Lets Git,r,done!

by
on ‎10-10-2015 04:30 PM
Hello, was this project abandoned? I'm missing some major update with rules, scenes, and tab with all devices (not only per-room tabs). I know i can use mobile web interface, but it isn't same.
by
on ‎01-15-2016 08:14 AM

iOS since 2013, but nothing Android, not impressed.

by
on ‎01-15-2016 08:22 AM

totaly shame

by
on ‎02-25-2016 01:59 PM

Is the mfi.ubnt.com site down for good?

How do I reconfigure my MPower 8 port device Ethernet settings without being able to connect to web UI

The Mfi controller does not give me the options I need, just shows more than the device UI does

by
on ‎03-12-2017 01:43 PM

Hello Guys

Just set up my new mport with 2 temperature sensor, when i download the app on my iphone is asking me for a https://a.b.com:6443 how can i set uo this if any one can help i will apreciatte it

by
on ‎06-23-2017 03:38 PM

Is there any development going to be happening with mFi any time soon?  I haven't seen anything new since 2014.  If not, would you guys be willing to sell the rights so someone else can continue development for the hardware that exists?

by
on ‎06-23-2017 03:42 PM
by
on ‎06-23-2017 03:48 PM

I think the project is dead.  Though I would love for Ubiquiti to reserect the platform.  We use them for both our corporate office and our remote sites.  I am very sad with Ubiquiti stop the mFi.