08/06/2017
How to monitor your p[ower bill
Description

Went to a customers house today they said they had a issue with there network and mifii

The customer had changed the modem , which ment mifii wasn,t on the wirelles anymore.

After ttalking to the customer they decided to hardwire the mifii units.

While i was cabling they sais that they had a temperature sensor and humidity sensor as well and wanted both to work on one mifii unit.

After some creative wiring and somke help from my daughter . all dome and working .

Asked the customer what they had to run the controller and found this when i was on the computer .

Mifii and unifii living and working on the same machine .

I had a apprentice today my 7 year old daughter.

She can aklready terminate and punch down cables

mfii.jpgIMG_0181.JPGIMG_0180.JPG

How to monitor your p[ower bill

by on ‎08-06-2017 01:08 AM

Went to a customers house today they said they had a issue with there network and mifii

The customer had changed the modem , which ment mifii wasn,t on the wirelles anymore.

While i was cabling they sais that they had a temperature sensor and humidity sensor as well and wanted both to work on one mifii unit.

After some creative wiring and somke help from my daughter . all dome and working .

Asked the customer what they had to run the controller and found this when i was on the computer .

Comments
by
on ‎08-06-2017 01:24 PM

Thanks for the share. We don't get to see a lot of mFI stories on the forum.

by
on ‎08-07-2017 02:19 PM

Those controllers aren't the same machine...one looks like Windows 8 @ 10.10.10.6 and the other looks like Windows 7 @ 10.10.10.8

That's awesome you are able to get your daughter interested in this stuff so young! 

by
on ‎08-07-2017 06:16 PM

You are right

Windows 8 is the base machine and windows 7 is running virtualy.

My daughter has her own tool belt and fluro and steel caps and a hard hat from new zealand

robertwroe1974 wrote:

by
on ‎11-18-2017 09:26 PM

Haven’t seen fuse blocks like those for yonks...good old god zone ingenuity going on there.

by
on ‎01-21-2018 05:50 AM

Thanks for sharing your insights!

Could you maybe tell me if the inferace to monitor the devices is diretly build into unt Unifi Controller, or if it's a seperate Interface.
Could'd find this information.

You're posting the Unifi Controller and the MFi Interface side by side, but I don't see if theres like a direkt Link from the Unif Controller or how these power metering devices are managed

Thanks a lot

Greets

by
on ‎03-10-2018 08:14 AM

What happened to IOT and MFi type equipment? This is a technology the if brought under unifi it would give a great advantage. I found pictures and the mFi was something new. Short sighted to discontinue. The would have advantages over google, amazon and Cortana home systems, only missing AI for superficial voice gimmicks. Need to renew the mFi and merge with UniFi.