Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

08/06/2017
How to monitor your p[ower bill
Description

Went to a customers house today they said they had a issue with there network and mifii

The customer had changed the modem , which ment mifii wasn,t on the wirelles anymore.

After ttalking to the customer they decided to hardwire the mifii units.

While i was cabling they sais that they had a temperature sensor and humidity sensor as well and wanted both to work on one mifii unit.

After some creative wiring and somke help from my daughter . all dome and working .

Asked the customer what they had to run the controller and found this when i was on the computer .

Mifii and unifii living and working on the same machine .

I had a apprentice today my 7 year old daughter.

She can aklready terminate and punch down cables

mfii.jpgIMG_0181.JPGIMG_0180.JPG

Comments
by
on ‎08-06-2017 01:24 PM

Thanks for the share. We don't get to see a lot of mFI stories on the forum.

by
on ‎08-07-2017 02:19 PM

Those controllers aren't the same machine...one looks like Windows 8 @ 10.10.10.6 and the other looks like Windows 7 @ 10.10.10.8

That's awesome you are able to get your daughter interested in this stuff so young! 

by
on ‎08-07-2017 06:16 PM

You are right

Windows 8 is the base machine and windows 7 is running virtualy.

My daughter has her own tool belt and fluro and steel caps and a hard hat from new zealand

robertwroe1974 wrote:

Went to a customers house today they said they had a issue with there network and mifii

The customer had changed the modem , which ment mifii wasn,t on the wirelles anymore.

After ttalking to the customer they decided to hardwire the mifii units.

While i was cabling they sais that they had a temperature sensor and humidity sensor as well and wanted both to work on one mifii unit.

After some creative wiring and somke help from my daughter . all dome and working .

Asked the customer what they had to run the controller and found this when i was on the computer .

Mifii and unifii living and working on the same machine .

I had a apprentice today my 7 year old daughter.

She can aklready terminate and punch down cables

mfii.jpgIMG_0181.JPGIMG_0180.JPG

by
a month ago

Haven’t seen fuse blocks like those for yonks...good old god zone ingenuity going on there.