Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

mFI Weather Cookbook Part 1 - External Temperature And Humidity

by ‎01-05-2017 10:23 AM - edited ‎01-05-2017 10:27 AM

The first part consist of putting together the Temp Humidity Part.

Ingerdients:

Davis passive radiation shield: http://www.davisnet.com/product/radiation-shield/

mFI Temp Hum sensor

mPort

IngredientsIngredientsShieldShieldThe two screws fit perfectly... no drillingThe two screws fit perfectly... no drilling"

Data is comingData is coming

Sensor outside and in Action (foto taken in the evening)Sensor outside and in Action (foto taken in the evening)

We have used the Port 2 & 3 of the first mPort

Port 1 is reserver for the Rain counter sensor

Spoiler:

Part 2 is reserved for the Rain sensor.

Part 3 is reserved for the Wind Direction and Speed

Comments
by
on ‎01-05-2017 10:50 AM

Is that radiation shield waterproof? I have a Temperature sensor setup in a barn which i have to replace frequently due to the high humidity and I'm wondering if that would fix it

by
on ‎01-05-2017 11:04 AM

Dinux, very interesting! Looking forward to see how the rain and wind sensors are integrated.

Dstahl94, Yes they are. All of Davis' weather equipment is designed for harsh weather environments.

by
on ‎01-05-2017 09:09 PM

Very cool setup. I have the Davis Vantage Vue for about 2 years in my backyard now, working great and loving it. Man Happy

by
on ‎01-18-2017 08:26 AM

This looks cool.  I'm trying to set up something similar but I am unsure about the ports.  I see how you are getting the separate ports set up on the mPort, but how are those connecting to the THS?  Are you simply using a Cat6 splitter, or do I need to separate out the wires within the Cat6 cable?

by
on ‎01-22-2017 12:02 AM

Connector in THS is a normal T-568B (standard RJ-45 plug). You just saparate the cable at the mFi end and use a second port for humidity. Otherwise you just have temperature.