Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Adding mports manually

I have an ubuntu server running mfi on a cloud server and i notice that mfi supports this so how do you add mports to a cloud server?
Established Member

Re: Adding mports manually

I have an ubuntu server running mfi on a cloud server and i notice that mfi supports this so how do you add mports to a cloud server?

This is very important function to add e manage a device on differen LAN segment.
Please UBNT implement manual adding like for UniFi...
tnx Man Wink
Best Regards ... Rob - UBNT Italian Community - Share Ubiquiti Networks eXperiences!
Kudos: 1

Yes, it's in place. I can't do a screen shot from here but I'll go through the steps.
1. Find IP address of mPort. You can do this either from your dhcp server, a network scan, or a local mFi installation.
2. Visit your mPort in your browser. It will ask you to login.
3. Once you're logged in you can enter a hostname for the mFi controller software. You'll also need to enter the username and password you use to login to your mFi server.
I set this up in my house on Saturday as I don't want to leave a computer on at home. It all worked very nicely for me.
Emerging Member

Nice! Thanks!
Highlighted
Established Member

Yes, it's in place. I can't do a screen shot from here but I'll go through the steps.
1. Find IP address of mPort. You can do this either from your dhcp server, a network scan, or a local mFi installation.
2. Visit your mPort in your browser. It will ask you to login.
3. Once you're logged in you can enter a hostname for the mFi controller software. You'll also need to enter the username and password you use to login to your mFi server.
I set this up in my house on Saturday as I don't want to leave a computer on at home. It all worked very nicely for me.

Hostname or IP address for mFi controller and TCP port (like 192.168.1.254:9080)
Yes, this work, but need to implement simply add mPort by IP Man Wink
Best Regards ... Rob - UBNT Italian Community - Share Ubiquiti Networks eXperiences!