Kudos: 2

Re: AmpliFi

About 2 weeks ago I saw adds for IPv6 and VLAN support. THANK YOU Ubiquiti! I felt I needed to update my gripe list as resolved.

Having used the product for about a year now I can say it is now complete and I am quite satisfied features. Keeps those RFC adds coming, I am getting ready to deploy TLSv1.3 and HTTP2. This has been a great product and my client speeds are excellent with many devices (TiVo, AppleTV, etc) are able to connect at 866Mbps and maintain those speeds consistantly during use.

Having troubles with speeds though. Mine is limited to 600 Mbps downloads. Not sure why it doesn't cross that. Reading a number of forums, seems like they are working on this fix. Is anyone else here experiencing this too?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Amplifi HD Base Station seems to cap the speed. 

I have tested myself with iperf3 on a wireless connection and won't get past 150 mbits/sec. Testing on a 2014 Macbook Air and a Dell XPS 15 (9650). Both computers are connected to the 5GHz network and less than 3 feet away from the router during the test.  It's quite far off from the marketed 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac.

Edit: When testing with my Dell connected with Ethernet and my MBA wireless, the speed in iperf3 is about 300 Mbits/sec. 

In a few days, I will test with a cable-connection (missing an USB-Ethernet adapter for MBA but have ordered this).