Kudos: 2

Can mFi act as Remote Rebooter

I bought a mFi mPower Pro unit hoping it would act as a remote rebooter, but I don't think the software is versatile enough.

Basically I want this power strip to detect when the Internet goes down, and then perform a network reset by dropping power to all devices connected, then turn on the modem, wait 2 minutes, turn on security appliance, wait 3 mins, and then turn on network switch.

Is this type of programming possible with the mFi product line?

Thank you for your response(s)

Kudos: 2478
Solutions: 38

Re: Can mFi act as Remote Rebooter

That can't be done via the mFi software, but you can control the individual outputs/outlets via SSH, so it's possible with a custom script.

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway
To avoid the Gates of Hell, I use Linux
Professional Electron Wrangler
Kudos: 166
Solutions: 21

Established Member
Kudos: 313
Solutions: 48

@LightAngel wrote:

Basically I want this power strip to detect when the Internet goes down, and then perform a network reset by dropping power to all devices connected, then turn on the modem, wait 2 minutes, turn on security appliance, wait 3 mins, and then turn on network switch.

Is this type of programming possible with the mFi product line?

You can do exactly that but not from controller or web interface, you have to script everithing from command line.

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....