Kudos: 3

GPL SOURCE firmware

Dear Support,

Where can I find the source code for the GPL-licenced components of the MFI firmware for download?

Thank's for now.

Established Member
Kudos: 500
Solutions: 50

Re: GPL SOURCE firmware

There is absolutely no support whatsoever for mFI provided here nor elsewhere by UBNT. Abandoned, dead, quickly forget about it and move on... 

For GPL compliance/source code requests, I'd suggest emailing support@ubnt.com directly.

Dear doktornotor,

thank you for your attention.

I am already in contact with them and so far I have a positive feedback I will put the answer here in the forum.

Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

We'd all be pretty interested in this product being open-sourced...  Would definitely bring some new life to the hardware.

Any news, jtelocken? I have a mPower 8-port and am thinking of buying another, but probably will only bother if I can get the source so I can work on updating some things.

Hi scott_m,

I already exchanged approximately 7 emails with a support person, for some time I felt that they would make the GPL Source Code available but they are only deceiving me. I do not intend to give up. As soon as I receive something, I'll post it here in the forum.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1

I'm curious: What exactly would you do with the mfi firmware sources?
What features are you missing?

What would you like to change?

Dear mweb,

Please do not divert the subject. What I want to change is not the case now. The subject is the GPL license.