Kudos: 60
Solutions: 3

Got a whole warehouse of stuff to roll out

Been working toward a system like this for our warehouse and sure would like to use Ubiquiti.
However, couple things I need in order to make it really work for me.

Extreme range Temp sensor. Needs to handle sub-zero for freezer monitoring applications.

Dry Contact Sensor. Seems like this feature is there in the mPort, already used for the door sensor so maybe it just needs customization capability so you can control how it interacts with the software.

Access Control
I can live without the access control but to have a fully integrated system. It needs to be there.

Then it just needs integrated with AirVision so that sensors can trigger recording. That should be a given though.
Kudos: 1

Re: Got a whole warehouse of stuff to roll out

Temperature Sensor (mFi-THS) is a wall-mountable sensor.
It is designed for HVAC monitoring, climate data acquisition, and other smart building applications.

For use with mFi mPort hardware and mFi Controller software (included with the mFi mPort).

Connection Type: mFi RJ45
Temperature Range: -10~50°C (14~122°F)
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 375
Solutions: 31
Contributions: 6

Extreme range temp sensor: mPort has a 2-wire RTD input
Dry Contact: some input customization is available, so mPort can read a dry contact.

Temperature Sensor (mFi-THS) is a wall-mountable sensor.
It is designed for HVAC monitoring, climate data acquisition, and other smart building applications.

For use with mFi mPort hardware and mFi Controller software (included with the mFi mPort).

Connection Type: mFi RJ45
Temperature Range: -10~50°C (14~122°F)

ReD-DaWg-OnE: I read those specs. I would suggest you go back and read my original post carefully.

Randy,
Thanks for the reply. That was the additional info I was looking for.
Established Member
Kudos: 198
Solutions: 10

14F is the limit? thats pretty much worthless for any form of outdoor enclosures?
these things need to go down to at least -10F
guess these are good only for indoor climate controlled situations

The harsh reality is the form factor of the sensor pretty much precludes colder environments. An external, weatherized sensor that connects to host unit is pretty much necessary for harsh environments.

Stephen

The harsh reality is the form factor of the sensor pretty much precludes colder environments. An external, weatherized sensor that connects to host unit is pretty much necessary for harsh environments.

Stephen

I think thats what he's asking UBNT to release, a "Titanium" mFi sensor of sorts, that does what the basic does but does it better in a wider range of areas Man Happy
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1933
Solutions: 142

Most other automation companies simply support thermistor (typically 10k, but there are others, and software changes are all that is needed assuming the ADC has enough range) or RTD inputs and let the integrator pick the probe. There are literally thousands of choices out there and UBNT has no need to get into the business of making (or even reselling) industrial sensors.
Support 4-20 mA and 0-10V inputs and an entire universe of pressure, humidity, gases, etc. opens up. Note that "0-10V" requires some software options, since many devices use part of that range (usually <2V or <1.8V) to convey an "off" or "error" condition.