Kudos: 1

Is there a workaround for the mFi Controller?

So, after going through this forum for a while, it seems to me that any of us who purchased mFi equipment recently are stuck being unable to use them because the Controller doesn't work anymore. I haven't seen any effective solution for how to get it working on Windows, and no one from Ubiquity has responded to any of the forum posts in years.

My question is, is there any other way to get the equipment working? Any other software that it might work with? Any hope at all that I didn't throw away hundreds of dollars on useless equipment?

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

Re: Is there a workaround for the mFi Controller?

I just brought a controller online at my home on Win10... Needed to load the jave version 7 to make it work. 

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 24

I'll give it a try in a Docker container on my synology NAS.

The controller should work just fine. Just hade a chat session with the ubnt support.

Kudos: 141
Solutions: 5

@ac79 wrote:

My question is, is there any other way to get the equipment working? Any other software that it might work with? Any hope at all that I didn't throw away hundreds of dollars on useless equipment?

I been using the mfi product without a controller. Really depends on what you want to do. Many of the 1 port mpower serve as a smart protection for some appliances. The 8 port mpower are smart strips that turn on and off several ports depending on the one or two mains. All work as data-loggers sending the data to a remote sql server. Currently repurposing a mfi to serve as a gate alarm, in case that it isn’t properly closed or opened outside of normal hours 

All of this is based on shell scripts that run witin the units, so no need to have a central controller. Haven't needed, but with the api, you should be able to control other units as well