Veteran Member
Kudos: 1275
Solutions: 208

KRACK - WPA2 broken: Plans for mFi hardware fixes?

Dear UBNT,

do you have plans to provide firmware fixes for mFi hardware? Since the hardware is still being sold that is what I would expect.

Kudos: 8
Solutions: 1

Re: KRACK - WPA2 broken: Plans for mFi hardware fixes?

... or can you share a copy of the mFI SDK (with NDA?) allowing to compile some fixed (custom) images?

Established Member
Kudos: 313
Solutions: 48

"Dump or support", UBNT final test.

Since is not a EoS ( as previously mention) , nor EoL (as not declared) , EoD (end of development) is just too relative.

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....

Kudos: 6

+1 for a KRACK fix, another +1 for releasing the firmware, and another +1 for releasing the controller. If you don't want to support it, let the community do it.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 75

[ Edited ]

Looks like we're the red-headed step child once again. Guesss who's not on the list:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013737328-Ubiquiti-Devices-KRACK-Vulnerability

I know Ubiquiti doesn't like to admit this product line, but it's so far ahead of the other IoT services in terms of customization and potential, in my opinion as an Alexa / Wemo user alongside mFi.  Such a waste. Side note, it's funny to see the Wemo guys trying to get their own in-house controllers similar mFi.

Friends always come here and get all these great ideas after seeing this type of automation, failing at the rules and capability of the average current products.  It's hard to find something that will turn on the bathroom heat at a certain time in the morning, but only if the bathroom temp is chilly, and only if someone is moving about in the bathroom... on a week day... if the outside temp is low enough... and the hot water heater is running... etc etc etc.

Sorry for the tangent... it's just such a shame.

Established Member
Kudos: 480
Solutions: 17

IDK why they want to keep it dead cause the IOT and home automation is starting to kick off but I guess it's just not worth it.

Matt W
Kudos: 6

[ Edited ]

My guess is that some project manager somewhere has "big plans" for the line but isn't doing much to see it through, so it sits on ice while Ubiquiti misses the IoT/automation boat.

At any rate, I'm glad they're still selling the hardware as I use quite a bit of it in both personal and enterprise roles. I do wish they'd at least get one of their devs to spend a few hours sorting out this KRACK issue though.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 38
Solutions: 1

@UBNT-Matt_B_ Can you or anyone else publically acknowledge that KRACK will or won't be addressed on susceptible mFi hardware?

Established Member
Kudos: 480
Solutions: 17

I guess they dont want to comment.

Matt W