Solutions: 1

MFI Controller Data Storage Problem

Hi,

We use your mPower Pro(EU) product that your firm has produced. The central software is running mFi Controller 2.1.11. Up to now, 150Gb of data has been generated by the devices. We are having trouble storing this data. We want to delete the past data without damaging the configuration settings. Could you tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

pdu_data.png

Emerging Member
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 3

Re: MFI Controller Data Storage Problem

In my experince, the best way to deal with this is to use the controller UI to export/backup the current settings (using the "settings only, no data" option), and then restore the controller from this export. That should have the effect of keeping all of your settings, while erasing the underlying data.

I'm not sure that will delete the extra data right away due to the way mongodb garabage collection works, but it should clear out over time. Or, if you're in a hurry, you can always wipe the entire controller after the export, reinstall from scrath, then reimport your settings.

Solutions: 1

Backup operation:
-mFi Controller Software (Browser) >> Admin >>Backup >> Backup Database.
Then delete and reinstall the central software. Is there another way to back up the configuration settings?
Emerging Member
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 3

Backing up the database using the "No Sensor Data" setting is effectively equivalent to just backing up the settings. The database includes all necessary settings and config data.

Highlighted

I have a strange behaviour on my server. Each time i do that, the database continue to grow.
I mean. I export settings.
I deleted controller and database.
I reinstall the app, and import settings.
I check settings to verify it should not log anything.

After a some days the database grew up of a few GB.