Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

MFI can't find mpower / mport devices

I installed  MFi on Dell Win10 desktop computer. It loads properly using ver7-80 jre and the chrome  web page using Flash PPAPI opens fine but, the MFI display has  no devices listed under  pending / inactive / active. NONE. It show only zeros in each catagory.  Checked Win10 firewall and it's open for mongod.

I have another Win10 computer on the same LAN.  When I run it it, It shows 15 active mpower and 9 active mport. (I don't run both computers at  the same time.) I've tried everyting I can think of or find in the forums and still no joy.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions

Re: MFI can't find mpower / mport devices

Thank you for your response ub40. I wasn't clear enough in my problem description. Both MFIs are never running at the same time. So I would assume which ever ONE was active would adopt the mfi sensors etc. That is in fact the case using my solution to the problem.

I did solve the problem by copying the complete mfi directory from the working computer to the one that was not working. Now which ever computer is running adopts perfectly and I have a backup incase one computer fails.

Regards.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 588
Solutions: 78

If all your devices are adopted on the other controller, why should they show up in the new controller?

Thank you for your response ub40. I wasn't clear enough in my problem description. Both MFIs are never running at the same time. So I would assume which ever ONE was active would adopt the mfi sensors etc. That is in fact the case using my solution to the problem.

I did solve the problem by copying the complete mfi directory from the working computer to the one that was not working. Now which ever computer is running adopts perfectly and I have a backup incase one computer fails.

Regards.

Established Member
Kudos: 588
Solutions: 78

Once a devices is adopted it becomes un-adoptable for other controllers.

You can ssh into the device and delete the key to undo that.