Mfi Power for winter temperatures

Has I saw in the mFi power datasheet the minimum operating temp is 0 deg C. Are you looking at doing a version for outside to replace Digital loggers that I have in outside sites that goes till -30 deg C or the actual model maybe can work till this temperature ?
Previous Employee
Kudos: 147
Solutions: 16

Re: Mfi Power for winter temperatures

The mFi-THS can handle as low as -10 deg C. The RTD temperature sensor (terminal block connection) that can handle wider range. Down to -50 deg C (-50 to 250 deg C).

Ok the mFi-THS is a part inside your mPower product?...I just want to replace a Digital Loggers LPC-4 power switch by a mFi mPower Pro because the LPC-4 burns or becomes unreachable by IP and need to be hard reboot....they are not so reliable. I just want to know if the Mpower Pro can go at -30 or not and if not are you planning to build one that goes to there. I just want to reboot airmax radios when they freeze or other things like router or modems.
The thing is can you test one at -30 and tell me if it still works before I buy one and test it in our cold chamber ?
Previous Employee
Kudos: 147
Solutions: 16

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. No mFi-THS is a temperature sensor. mPower is power strip. 2 different physical units.
We have not tested mPower down to that low of a temperature; therefore, I would not suggest using it for your situation if it's mission critical. We do not plan to build more mPower for outdoor purpose. It's unlikely that we will retest mPowers to extend the range on spec.
From my personal experience, it's always a good practice to put equipments inside an environmental box when placed outdoor. I dont' know if your -30 deg C is measured inside a box already. A box usually provides some sort of insolation. Not sure if it'll raise the temp up 20 deg to fall inside the operational range (-10 - 45).
dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/mfi/mFi_Datasheet_V10_6-28-12.pdf
I have seen people put a small light inside the box to raise the temperature internally so equipments can operate properly (not mFi related products).