Emerging Member
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 5

Re: Open source OpenWRT firmware for mFi mPower series (Updates!)

@syso @jj_0 Any updates? I still have my mPort laying around naked (outside the case). I tried reflashing the stock firmware a while back but it never booted. I put it down and haven't tried again, but am thinking about it again.

I recently setup an Rpi to monitor and provide remote control over my garage door. Was thinking of seeing what mFi could do with it since I've got it still.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 37

Re: Open OpenWRT-based Firmware for mFi-Switches (WiP)

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to "de-brick" a wireless mFi mini by using a serial connection?  I saw the image in an earlier post that shows where the internal connections are to make a serial connection.   I have an mFi mini that I suspect has corrupted firmware because of being unplugged while a firmware upgrade was in progress.  I'd like to see if I can make it work again. Right now, I'd be happy to get it working with the standard Ubiquiti mFi firmware.

Kudos: 4

Re: Open OpenWRT-based Firmware for mFi-Switches (WiP)

Sorry - I stopped tinkering with these devices years ago. So I don't know how to debrick via the serial port. However the 'normal' Ubuiquity rescue debrick method should still work (https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204911324-airMAX-How-to-reset-your-device-with-TFTP-firmware...), as I recall that was pretty resilient. Just make sure you use a firmware file that's right for your device.