Highlighted

Scheduled power cycle from mFi controller

Hello,

I read the manual, and tried searching for this, but did not find anything applicable. From the mFi controller, how do I schedule a simple turning the device off and on again at say 5:00 am?

It also doesn't need to be off for 15 minutes like the block sizes are in the mFi, it doesn't even need to be off for 5 minutes like what the mPower's interface allows. Off for 30 seconds or a minute would be perfect.

Not sure why this is so difficult.

Thanks

Kudos: 1

Re: Scheduled power cycle from mFi controller

Have you looked at creating a Schedule for the hours you want the device on? Then create a Rule with the condition of the Schedule you created and add an Action Output to turn the device On ?

I use this method for scheduling garden lights to come on every evening during specific hours.

Re: Scheduled power cycle from mFi controller

I have. It literally makes no sense to me, and I cannot get desired functionality. :/

I tried making a schedule with my start time, with a run timer, daily. That failed. Then I tried to modify that schedule so it was longer, as when the scheduled time runs out, the device shuts off apparently. That failed. I don't know what to do with it.

Going into the devices configuration page, in the machines tab, it is so simple, aside from only 5 minute off and on intervals. But I would like to control from mFi page, see all of my devices on one screen, control them all from one screen, etc.