Some questions / Recommendations...

Questions...
#1 AirVision, any chance that mFi will be integrating with AirVision, especially since we're seeing motion detectors etc in the mFi system, the idea of a AirVision/mFi system to use for security just seems nice.

#2. Is there an upper limit to the # of mFi devices a controller can track?

Recommendations...
#1 Give me a rackmount strip version of mFi Power, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, You have no idea how much i would like an alternative to the long rear side mount power strips that we have in our racks... This shouldn't be hard for Ubiquiti to do as the hardwares already there just different form factor... And i'm 100% positive those of us with datacenters will GLADLY buy lots!

#2 IF #1 of the questions isn't done now, do it as unifying your device lines is a BIG plus, UniFi/AirVision and mFi should all work in tandem together.
Kudos: 15

Re: Some questions / Recommendations...

Questions...
#1 AirVision, any chance that mFi will be integrating with AirVision, especially since we're seeing motion detectors etc in the mFi system, the idea of a AirVision/mFi system to use for security just seems nice.

Detection or recording of movement by video analysis has been tried and failed for years - the 'big boys' all use PIRs (OK mainly external - but its a start!) so that integration would be perfect!

Detection or recording of movement by video analysis has been tried and failed for years - the 'big boys' all use PIRs (OK mainly external - but its a start!) so that integration would be perfect!

my sentiments EXACTLY
Veteran Member
Kudos: 5290
Solutions: 78

I'm pretty sure one way or the other you'll be able to use the motion sensors to trigger an airCam recording. Even if it requires a custom script to touch the airControl software Man Happy
Kudos: 15

I'm pretty sure one way or the other you'll be able to use the motion sensors to trigger an airCam recording. Even if it requires a custom script to touch the airControl software Man Happy

Can airCam take any external inputs at present, or is it still struggling to even to talk to cameras?