Highlighted
Kudos: 5

Ubiquiti hires Home Assistant founder to work on Home Assistant

Ubiquiti just hired the founder of Home Assistant to work on that open source project full time.  I am really excited as I have been migrating my mfi setup to Home Assistant over the past year. Perhaps this is Ubiquiti's direction to replace the orphaned mfi system?

Link to blog post:

Home Assistant 🤝 Ubiquiti Networks

Link to podcast where founder discusses the agreement.

Home Assistant Podcast

Kudos: 7

Re: Ubiquiti hires Home Assistant founder to work on Home Assistant

Very glad to hear about this.  mFi is such a natural fit for home assistant. I wouldn't want Paulus to get sucked into just working on mFi - that would be a distraction from developing Home Assistant.  But a REALLY REALLY REALLY hope he can convince Ubiquiti to put some renewed energy into this mFi.

Yes maybe improve mFi which has a long way to improve comparing to other oferrings from competitors.

But more importantly new features like installing home assitant on the unifi cloud key and access it with a ubnt account without oppening ports on the router, Just like the unifi controller and the Unifi Video NVR. 

Also adding new networking features like Vlan and multiple ip adresses support for Hass.io

Other possible great feature is making Unifi Video homekit enabled trough homeassistant or independently.

Home Assistant and Ubnt are a great match I solved the lifx - home assistant integration with unifi Ap´s 

Hope as a community we can help come up with great ideas to integrate.

Great News! Thanks

Ancient Member
Kudos: 10338
Solutions: 1587

It would be nice if Paulus dropped in here to say hello so we could give him a warm welcome.

[ Edited ]

I was on the fence on Ubiquiti vs some other options, but this announcement sealed the deal so I ordered over $1600 worth of awesome equipment. Very happy to see Home Assistant get support! Hope y'all do great things!