mFI IP Configure/Login Information

How do you configure the ip address information on the mFI unit? In the server software you can not configure the monitored mFI device. So I tired to login to the unit directly with no luck using the noraml Ubiquiti user/password and the one I configured for the mFI server software.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 5292
Solutions: 78

Re: mFI IP Configure/Login Information

How do you configure the ip address information on the mFI unit? In the server software you can not configure the monitored mFI device. So I tired to login to the unit directly with no luck using the noraml Ubiquiti user/password and the one I configured for the mFI server software.

The information should be on the side of the box.

Default IP is 192.168.1.20 - unless you plug it into a network, then it gets its address from DHCP and you'll need to check your DHCP server.

Username/Password is ubnt/ubnt unless you've connected it to your server. Then it is the credentials for the server.

Defaulted unit stiil no access

I reset the unit with UBNT for user password still can not access the unit to configure the IP address but can access it in the server software with UBNT as the user/password. Any idea what would be the issue?
Kudos: 68

Well what MHoppes said is true - if the unit is defaulted, the password is ubnt/ubnt (all lower case). If it's been adopted, the credentials are the exact same as you'd use to log into your mFi server.
And to burst your bubble, there's no IP configuration to be found no matter where you look - these take DHCP and that's it; no place to set static IP or anything else related to IP for that matter - at least at the moment.

Thanks

Thats all I needed to know so you CANT configure any IP information. Also I did try it again and still can not access the unit well it does not matter at this point as the unit has no information to configure..

I had the same problem. Try to log in using a diferent explorer.
I was using Internet Explorer 9 and it didn't log me in, I always get "Invalid credentials". I tried with Google Chrome and it worked.
Kudos: 1

Great directions for the mFi Ubiquiti!

The great Ubiquiti software and directions are amazing! Not only do they tell you how to load and "install" your mPort they tell you how to set-up, adopt & set-up sensors...

Oh wait... that's what normal companies provide when they sell a product...Icon Cry

I'd just like some directions on how the device works!!! And how to set it up would be nice...
Previous Employee
Kudos: 147
Solutions: 16

Please try the wiki link first. Scroll down to the mFi section.
dl.ubnt.com/guides/mfi/MFi_User_Guide_V11.pdf
wiki.ubnt.com/Main_Page