Kudos: 2478
Solutions: 38

Re: mFi Alpha Feature: Multi-way Switching/Dimmer and mPower/Outlet Sync

@cndesu wrote:

Hi,

When you are coming out of vi editor, you type "wq!" which means it saves and exit.

After you do the above and exit vi, type save at the command prompt, it will then save the modified file to flash.

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway
To avoid the Gates of Hell, I use Linux
Professional Electron Wrangler
Kudos: 1

Hi, I've got the mFi controller installed on a Mac, multiple devices connected but would like to get upstairs / downstairs dimmer switches talking to each other. I can't find the /tmp/system.cfg on the Mac, is it called something else? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

@Canico wrote:

Hi, I've got the mFi controller installed on a Mac, multiple devices connected but would like to get upstairs / downstairs dimmer switches talking to each other. I can't find the /tmp/system.cfg on the Mac, is it called something else? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Hi,

First, you need to enable the m2m feature for which you need to connect to the device using ssh. Please read the previous posts. Once enabled, you can see the management menu item on the top when you type the IP address of the switch and logged in. Then you can use either push or sync.

But I made it simpler by using rules, if either of the switches is on then both the switches are on and either of switches are off then both the switches off. I have connected the bulb to only one switch other is just for convenience and does nothing.

May be this helps.

Thnaks cndesus for pointing me in the right direction. As you state in your first line, I should be using SSH to directly connect to the device. I was looking for a system.cfg file in the mFI Controller software on my server. Now its dawned on me that when I log into a device directly using web UI, in the URL for the device it has system.cfg in it. I'll give a try tonight. Thanks again.

Hi @cndesu, Many thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, just tried setting up and now have the Peers section appearing on the Machines Tab. Time to experiment now! Thanks again for your support. 

Highlighted
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

You are Welcome! Glad I helped one person at least.