mFi hardware for sale

All,

I tested mFi for a home automation system and didn't find what I needed. Unfortunately, it sat on the shelf for a while so they were beyond the return date. I put one mport, one ceiling motion sensor, and one wall motion sensor up on ebay for sale starting at half retail. The items were only used for about 10 days in a basement, so they have extremely light use on them. Hopefully somebody can find some use for them!!

Regards,

Mike

mPort

Wall motion sensor

Ceiling motion sensor

Re: mFi hardware for sale

Also, if anyone is interested, I ended up building a straight custom system. A Kangaroo mini-PC running Debian is the core with a range of Honeywell and GE sensors run by an arduino board (Rugged mega). A 12v power supply originally intended for powering a CCTV system powers the sensors. The arduino board also controls relays, so circuits can be enabled / disabled depending on sensor activity. I wrote my own controller software in Python along with an app for Android that provides overall control of the system. A Raspberry Pi would have been a sufficient core in the end rather than the Kangaroo (and saved some $$$), but I bought the Kangaroo to run the mFi controller. Overall, the system does everything I need it to do and can expanded as needed.

The mFi platform seemed like a great base to work from, but I couldn't get over the controller.

Re: mFi hardware for sale

@cloudsurfer wrote:

All,

I tested mFi for a home automation system and didn't find what I needed. Unfortunately, it sat on the shelf for a while so they were beyond the return date. I put one mport, one ceiling motion sensor, and one wall motion sensor up on ebay for sale starting at half retail. The items were only used for about 10 days in a basement, so they have extremely light use on them. Hopefully somebody can find some use for them!!

Regards,

Mike

mPort

Wall motion sensor

Ceiling motion sensor

How to buy?