mPort Required?

Hey I was looking at this product to monitor the temperature in a couple different points in my server room as well as motion detection to see if anyone has entered. Reading the documentation for this product it is unclear if I need to purchase the mPort to connect all the sensors to my network.

Does any one know if I need to get a mPort to use these sensors?
SuperUser
Kudos: 7933
Solutions: 233

Re: mPort Required?

Hey I was looking at this product to monitor the temperature in a couple different points in my server room as well as motion detection to see if anyone has entered. Reading the documentation for this product it is unclear if I need to purchase the mPort to connect all the sensors to my network.

Does any one know if I need to get a mPort to use these sensors?

Yes you do.

isp builder | linux sorcerer | datacenter automation conjurer | blog: blog.engineered.online
link to our slack channel on the blog

Yes you do.

Ok.. That is kinda lame because they will only support 2 sensors connected with RJ45 correct?
SuperUser
Kudos: 7933
Solutions: 233

Ok.. That is kinda lame because they will only support 2 sensors connected with RJ45 correct?

3, depending on the sensor. Those "RJ45"s are basically a power and signal connect, they're not actual networking ports.

isp builder | linux sorcerer | datacenter automation conjurer | blog: blog.engineered.online
link to our slack channel on the blog
20120925_174142.jpg
Highlighted

Ok thank you for the info.